• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this 2 plants, and if so, ID help needed!

Hello all,

So I asked a question before about my Bhuts, in regards to suntan on my pods. But now as time passes, and the more I examiney plant (s) I think I got wamboozled so to speak.

So my Bhut plant I bought as a young plant maybe 4"-5". It looked like the healthiest and fullest of the options available so I got it. It grew and grew and I've potted up twice. Each time examining what I believed was a single root ball.

Now as my pods are starting to mature, I'm noticing that they are VERY different characteristically. Look down towards the base and the argument could be made that I have a Y-Branch on one side, and a totally different plant on the other.

So to make a long story even longer, I'm wondering if A) it is in fact 2 different plants, B) are they both bhuts just of different variety, and C) if one is not a bhut, what is it?

Here's some photo evidence of what I'm referring to. Also, don't mind the flower drop. We are currently experiencing a few day heat wave of 100-107 degrees.

https://imgur.com/a/vfWIS

I knew something was awry. Thank you guys for the input.  It's kind of strange, I got this...err..these plants from OSH like I said when they were wee lil tots. It just looked like the fullest one, with the healthiest looking beginning stages.  I guess they messed up in the transplanting process after germination. Although, I have no idea how stores like that handle their plant processes. 

So onto the next question, the darker, wrinkled, warted pods on the right look like Bhuts to me. I'm hoping that at least THOSE are correct. Any idea what the paler, larger pods are? 

When I transplanted it myself again for the 2nd, and final time into the 18 gallon self watering container I made, I DID plant it deep. But each time I inspected it during each transplant, I had a suspicion that it was 2 plants. Not 3. It looked like 2 points of entry into the root ball. But I am an EXTREMELY novice gardener so it's possible that I just don't know what the heck I'm talking about or what I was looking at hahaha. It wasn't until the fruit set that it became pretty blatant that something was off. 

Back