• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is This a Bahamian Goat Pepper?

My cousin bought a bag of peppers from a local which claims this to be a goat pepper. I tasted it and it was VERY HOT and also had a different taste compared to the Orange Habanero.

IMG_1270.jpg

Suspect pepper on the left Orange Hab on the right.

I'm growing a few right now, but no pods yet, but from the pics I've seen they look more like the one on the right but a different color, but I could be wrong

I have no personal experience with these peppers but yours seem to have more color than the pic on the FAO's website
. According to them:

Ideal fruit of the Bahamian Goat pepper have the following characters:

* A classical shape, a pale orange, lantern shaped fruit.
* Oblong fruit, a minimum of 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide.
* Length of fruit stock not exceeding 1 1/4 inches (3 cm)
* The pedicel should be green.
* The skin should be free of blemishes such as spots, breaks, bruises, or decay.
* Dry soil splashes and dust should be brushed off during grading (see Figure 37).
* The fruit should be firm and appear fresh. .
* There should be no chemical residues on the fruit.

y5259e14.jpg

Actually it looks exactly like those in the pic you posted. The pic I posted has bad lighting and doesent reflect the actuall color of the pepper properly. I guess I will try and plant some of these seeds.

My seedling is just kicking in,I'm sure I won't know if it's true till late spring.The photos the trader repped looked true.I thing your pics look good.They are definately Supposed to be a pale orange,smooth.There are pics posted on here somewhere.

It is a very pale orange has smooth skin. Im pretty sure its the real deal.
I know it kinda looks yellow in my pic but thats because of the low lighting.

No none of those r it. My fellow bahamian this is a true bahamian goat pepper. Those r just habs. This pic is the real deal will have ripe pods in a few weeks the pods r starting to get big now.
pepp005.jpg

pepp003.jpg

Back