• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this a chocolate hab?

I have an area of my garden where I just tossed in all kinds of left over pepper plants.
This came up and I don't remember if I had any choc hab plants.

choc.jpg

Those two on the right look like they are in the range of normal Chocolate Hab pods to me. The one on the left is a little weird but it happens.

Just ate one at lunch.....
VERY VERY juicy, with VERY thick walls. Hab aroma, jalapeno level heat.
The flavor was absolutely fantastic!
Must just be some sort of insignificant cross, but the fruits are killer!
The thick walls, combined with the juiciness would lend this to all sorts of culinary applications!
Depending on if this is an f1 or later cross, I may not get the same fruits from saved seeds, but I'll enjoy what I have this year! :)

If it is indeed a choc hab flavour with Jal level heat that could be great for all sorts of food.......The choc hab is up there as one of my favorite chillis and that's the reason my only 3rd year plant is a choc hab......You could load up the food but still only have basic heat.....Oh I hope it stays true to this cross for you....:)

moyboy said:
If it is indeed a choc hab flavour with Jal level heat that could be great for all sorts of food.......The choc hab is up there as one of my favorite chillis and that's the reason my only 3rd year plant is a choc hab......You could load up the food but still only have basic heat.....Oh I hope it stays true to this cross for you....:)

I am amazed at the juiciness! The walls are 1/2 this with great flavor. Would make great poppers for "normal" folks!

I had a Fatalii popper on Saturday.... hiccuped for 5 minutes! :mouthonfire:

Back