• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this a healthy pepper?

Just wondering if this looks like a healthy pepper plant? It's a thai pepper and it looks a little droopy compared with some of the other pictures I've seen. I'm growing it indoors as I live in an apartment.

7y93E.jpg

U9frb.jpg

Little bit more of Direct sun would help. If not maybe more artifical light. Sometimes they droup because they are alittle cold.

That's weird RJ, mine normally droop when they get too warm :rofl:

OOOOOOOH!!! We are talking about the pepper plant. Yep, looking good. Keep the little guy warm and give 'em some fresh sunlight.

i wouldn't worry about it being shallow, just add more soil on top. peppers will grow roots on the sides of it stems when covered with soil. same goes with eggplants, potatoes and tomatoes. nightshades do that.

more like the plant needs some windage to firm up that stem.

As some members previously said....It would be a good time to pot up. Roots tend to grow down so adding soil to the top wont help much.

The stem looks a little rubbery too. You can strengthen the stem up with some air movement. Put a fan on low for 10-15 minutes several times a day. That will stiffen it up some.

Here's an update on this guy. He seems to be doing well so far. I need to pot up but I'm broke as hell right now and don't have anything to move it into.

YNqnF.jpg

Of5d9.jpg

Also here's an overall look at my window jungle. I don't think they're doing too badly for just having light from a west facing window.

5OJBZ.jpg

They're looking pretty good, should be getting enough warmth from the window and crt monitor,
I like your intuative drainage system too :) The only thing I would do is add a small fan to help strengthen the stems,
and you might eventually run out of room, hey you might even make the news headlines "Man found strangled by own chillis" :mouthonfire:

You look pretty resouceful so I dont think you will have trouble finding some larger pots for those guys. How would you like to walk around in size 5 shoes. LOL.
I agree that some wind from a fan would do them some good.

+1 on the whole windage/fan thing.

It may appear to do more harm than good at first but eventually that little guy will be tougher than bricks before you know it!

Sorry Geist, I don't want to hijack your topic, so I'll be short and quick.
How old should seedlings/plants be for a "fan treatment"? Thx.

You can start after the first true set of leaves - typically I start when they have a couple of leaves - just a light breeze from an oscillating fan

Here's an update on this plant. I turned it around after I took the picture to straighten it up.
TseFg.jpg

Here's a pod.
1FRix.jpg

Here's a window jungle update. As much as it pains me, I think I'll have to give some of the plants away... *sigh* There's just not enough room in that window and some plants aren't getting the light they need from the others crowding them out.
L44rz.jpg

What do you guys think?

Back