• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a Kitchen Pepper Peach....

or something else.  I got the seeds from PepperProblem and that was the label.  He encouraged me to grow it.  I originally had it mislabeled but figured it may be this type after process of elimination with the rest of the plants that were started.  From the few pictures i found of KPP it does not look like them.  Some of the pods are large about golf ball size or maybe a little less.  Been waiting for them to turn color but nothing yet.  Any ideas? 

this branch grew a pair. 
IMAG1202_zpsa3885a46.jpg

IMAG1200_zps26d7dcdb.jpg

looks just like my kitchen pepper, just i don't have pods and for some reason it doesn't want to set pots, perhaps it needs a really long growing season.
when they ripen, enjoy your kitchen peppers.

This looks 100% identical to the "Rain Forest" baccatum variety I've been growing for 2 years.
My plants get huge (to about 2 meters high) with probably around 150 pods per plant, they are very thick walled and taste like a very mellow Lemon Drop.
They ripen to bright red but don't have that typical shine most peppers have, the ripe color is very flat .. (I don't know how else to express this in english, sorry!)

I'm pretty sure that's what you're growing there, certainly looks like a baccatum judging by the looks of it and I only know one baccatum that looks exactly like that. ;-)

This is a picture I took last year before they started to ripen:
img20120725124812.jpg

Here's another picture of this variety from google images:
30f0a5.jpg

If I don't forget I'll try and take some more pictures to day to show you how similar they really are.

Yea, it reminds me of a Baccatum too, the tall growth pattern, maybe the leaves, the pods etc. Can you give us a clear close-up pic of an open flower? (a clear flower pic might clinch the ID).

But I have seen Baccatum hybrid/crosses that had not-typical flowers so .... we might be back at square one either way.

Wow oh wow. Now this has me excited.  Pepperproblem also gave me a few rainforest seeds and he was very excited about growing them.  I thought it was another plant I have but I am happy to be wrong.  Here is a flower picture.  

I can get closer if I need to. 

IMAG1232_zpsab18e516.jpg

Here is the plant. Man I need to string this thing up. 

IMAG1233_zps55da7e2d.jpg

Totally stoked if true.  That would make the 3rd variety of brazilian peppers this year.  CGN21500, Brazil Wild (Cumari?) and this. 

IMAG1232_zps4ff2a160.jpg

Baccatum flower. Enjoy your surprise plant, because it looks like it's going to fill up with yummy pods.

Try to isolate some unopened flowers to avoid any future junk hybrids, because you have an unusual variety on your hands. This way you can trade pure seed.

yep, now that i see your flowers, it looks nothing like my kitchen pepper. the kitchen pepper has a complete white flower much like that of serrano.

but, from a distance the over all plant looks similar .

hope you get a tasty pepper

Back