Is this a red savina? (possible hybrid inside...)

Ok..I posted some days ago about a plant, originally red savina but grew up near bhuts and I was wondering if this fruit is a savina or a jolokero red savina or something...(cross between jolokia and haba), last year gave some fruits that I never seen before, like bhuts but thinner and hot hot hot, wrinkled and almost with tiny spikes :S....

here it is...(nearly 1 inch)

hababud2.jpg

hababud.jpg

I'll be updating...

so...what the hellhot is it?

Doesn't look like any red savina I have seen. If they came from a savina, then it is definately a hybrid.

jacob

well..that is what I think...not a red sav...or other habs like..I'll keep updating the progress..I only hope that's a cross bhut/savina...since he grew up near them:)
thanks

It's not a Red Savina, at least not a full blooded one. It looks kinda like a Datil pepper to me. But, it could very well be a cross between a habanero and a Bhut.

I hope that helps.

Alan

for sure, not a red sav...some of the stems are falling...I've put my hands to work and grabbed the fallen ones and rubbed them gently on the other flowers...that will theach them to procriate correctly:D

Are you sure the seeds came from a red savina? It sure looks like an C. annuum to me.

I've seen last year fruits, not an annum...this plant came from the same seeds that grew up to be a red savina..but this one start giving these strange fruits (more wrinkled than haba much like bhut, but diferent shapes) ,that I'll be keep posting to see the evolution of them to analyse what are they

btw....does diferent species like annum and chinense crosspolinate? I read somewhere that it only can occur between same family , like annum/annum...

Different species can cross-pollinate, except for C. pubescens.
See the compatibility chart at the bottom of this page
http://www.fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=54

Look at where the stem meets the pod, it definitely doesn't look like a C. chinense to me, more like an annuum

Different species can cross-pollinate, except for C. pubescens.
See the compatibility chart at the bottom of this page
http://www.fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=54

thanks for the link, we'll figure it out in a couple weeks... another thing..I have two flowers in that plant with only 4petals, why? probably it's normal sometimes, no?

How do you know the fruit will get wrinkled, have some ripened already? If so to what color?

You must have missed my edit on the previous post
"Look at where the stem meets the pod, it definitely doesn't look like a C. chinense to me, more like an annuum "

How do you know the fruit will get wrinkled, have some ripened already? If so to what color?

You must have missed my edit on the previous post
"Look at where the stem meets the pod, it definitely doesn't look like a C. chinense to me, more like an annuum "

photo update:

dsc00176k.jpg

I know they get wrinkled because it gave only 4fruits last year, and they turned from orange to red, but a lighter red than let's say, a red sav...
I didn't got that stem meeting pod thing because I don't know the real diference between stem/pod meeting in annuum and chinense:)

I'm thinking you have a C. Chinense/C. Annuum cross.

I track back to where this red savina (that I know it is) grew up and I also had a serrano, but it was a bit offside from him..so, between two bhuts,and a serrano I thought that hadn´t have been the serrano, because I thought annuum didn´t polinated with chinense..in conclusion, this will grow up to be a jolokero or a serranero!!:D

thanks for the precious info!

PS: just remembered...last year this plant gave only 4peppers (sad...) and only one was with this shape, the others were much longer and somehow thin..I'll keep posting in the future the evolution of his fruits.

I noticed in your picture at post #15 that your plant has multiple flowers at the node which is a characteristic of the C. Chinense species.

Alan

too soon to identify the fruit I guess...my problem now is that this plant has yet only one fruit and all ther flowers keep falling...the temp is ok, the pot and watering I think it's also ok...I just can't figure out what's the problem with it..I already put some fert, just a bit, and some crushed eggshells, also a bit, I'm running out of ideas...tommorrow I'll post update pics of it to see if someone can help me.

thanks all

Back