• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a Thai Prik Chee Fah ? Or what is it ?

tfmiltz

Banned
Hi

I bought what I THOUGHT was a Butch-T (6 of them) off of Ebay - plants. The guy said he got seeds from Outbackshacktraders or something, now he sells the BAD seeds saying now he knows they're bad. I wrote him and said if I were him I'd distance myself from this outbackshacktraders - as they are notorious on vendor vault here and elsewhere (banned from ebay now) for selling bad seed.

ANYWAY - the plants have grown and are producing peppers, they LOOK like this Thai Prik Chee Fah from this Australian pepper seed company I just found on THP in vendor vault - was the last entry for some seed bank.

The picture of the one I THINK IT IS is here: 1/2 down the page.
http://www.chilliseedbank.com.au/id71.html

MY pepper that I have grown is here:
pepper.jpg

I am ABOUT to try the one in front of me in that pic ! I snapped it off while putting some string on the plant.

I have a feeling they'll turn red. I THOUGHT it might be a cayenne - but I don't think so.

I think I recall seeing someone else on the forums here have one from the same bad seller on ebay as me and it was a Thai Dragon.

Anyway- I can always use a frutescen variety - BUT who knows, maybe it's chinense ?

Well hopefully someone here who has some good experience can help guide me.

Thanks so much for your time in advance-

Tim

well

I just tried one.

I'd say pretty darn hot - but I'm used to moruga, 7 pot douglah, butch-t and other 7 pots as well as ghost. So I can't tell.

It's still lingering - 3 minutes - pain all over mouth - back of throat too.

Would be cool if there was a lab you can send to for DNA.

Not that I could afford that :)

Well- I'm thinking at least 200,000 - I could see a scotch bonnet hitting longer and harder than this -

Ideas are welcomed, I just want to find out what it is. Sure I'm saddened it wasn't a butch-t.

I only get my plants from Duffy now - until I'm situated - I was SO NEW when I bought this - the guy had it as species 'Chinese'
UGH !

Had I only known that should have been a warning sign.

I'd be willing to mail one of these out a few weeks to various people if someone wants to give it a try if that helps in identifying.
I'm guessing it will turn red.

Oh, it just added my last post to my first one, I see how this works.

I think the best you can say is that it's some sort of Cayenne-type, definitely looks like an annum, beyond that who knows. Prik chee fah grows upright in clusters, so it's not that.

If it's as hot as you say, it's probably one of the Asian types. Sorry to hear about the scam, all too common though.

Back