• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this a type of Bacteria? how do i prevent it?

Hi All,

I'm a first year pepper growing and I'm having some issues with my jalapeno plant. The leaves seem to be getting yellow and brown spots and a few leaves even have these weird black trails through them. 

Any help to making my plant healthier would be great :)

http://imgur.com/a/qNlla 

Thanks

Too much water on your foliage and soil. Try to put up a tarp during the rain unless it needs watering, water once soil is on the dry side.

I agree, the new leaves are nice and green, but the older ones are yellowing. I would say that it may be over watered a little.

I overwatered my plants and it caused me issues too.  I think the plants grew at a slower rate and I had a fungus gnat infestation that was a pain in the butt too.  I let them really dry out and it helped a lot.  You'll know that they need water when the leaves start to droop slightly.  Good luck and let us know how they come along.

M

Mumbles said:
Thanks for the replies. I will try to water a little less and keep the water off the leaves as much as i can.
Not so sure it is necessary to keep the water off of the leaves though...

Back