• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Is this edema?

The leaves on my peach Bhut seemed to be growing slowly and with an odd shape. Took a look at the underside of the leaves and this is what I found. Initial reaction was aphids! But thankfully that wasn't it. They are not alive and does not wipe off. The little white bumps are part of the leaves. The larger healthy looking leaves were left from before I transplanted into the 5 gal bucket. All the new growth, after transplant, looks like this to varying degrees.

Everything in the tent is planted in Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Organic and Natural Potting Mix with Water Conserve. I know "water conserve" probably isn't ideal for peppers but it was all I could get my hands on with the pandemic closures and all. To help it drain better I added a good amount of perlite to the potting mix. Temp is 80F and humidity hovers around 65%.

The aribibi gusano, tomatoes, and eggplant are all doing very well. 

Is this edema on my bhut? Is it from the soil retaining too much water? Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Bhut Peach leaf.jpg
    Bhut Peach leaf.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Bhut peach 5.26.2020.jpg
    Bhut peach 5.26.2020.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Tent 5.26.2020.jpg
    Tent 5.26.2020.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 134
BlackFatalii said:
Yes, that looks like edema. Cut back on your watering a bit for the plants that have edema.
Thanks!

Assuming I start getting normal growth once I reduce watering frequency, should I be pruning off the afflicted leaves?

UnNatural said:
Thanks!

Assuming I start getting normal growth once I reduce watering frequency, should I be pruning off the afflicted leaves?

Yes, new growth should be normal once you get your watering dialed in. The existing leaves will stay as they are, but I generally don't bother pruning such leaves since the plant still uses them for photosynthesis. And sooner or later, the plant will probably drop the affected leaves itself anyway. Of course, you can always just prune them off if the look of them bothers you.

BlackFatalii said:

Yes, new growth should be normal once you get your watering dialed in. The existing leaves will stay as they are, but I generally don't bother pruning such leaves since the plant still uses them for photosynthesis. And sooner or later, the plant will probably drop the affected leaves itself anyway. Of course, you can always just prune them off if the look of them bothers you.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Thanks fellas! Makes sense, less leaves to transpire water, existing leaves symptoms worsen.

Back