• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this N burn?

I have a couple baby seedling Fatalii White plants that just started growing true leaves. The problem is that the leaves look pretty bleached out and the color is all wrong... whitish and yellowish.

I've eliminated a lighting problem and this seems to be the only strain that's doing it so I figure it has to be a sensitivity issue. Both of my Fatalii Whites seem to have this problem. It really wasn't fertilized at all but I have it planted in Ocean Forest which I hear can give a bit of burn sometimes. Is that what this is? Should I try flushing a bit?

IMG_9528.jpg

I'm going to let them go until Saturday when I can get back into town and play with them and maybe they'll come around before I have to flush.

I have a couple baby seedling Fatalii White plants that just started growing true leaves. The problem is that the leaves look pretty bleached out and the color is all wrong... whitish and yellowish.

I've eliminated a lighting problem and this seems to be the only strain that's doing it so I figure it has to be a sensitivity issue. Both of my Fatalii Whites seem to have this problem. It really wasn't fertilized at all but I have it planted in Ocean Forest which I hear can give a bit of burn sometimes. Is that what this is? Should I try flushing a bit?

IMG_9528.jpg

I'm going to let them go until Saturday when I can get back into town and play with them and maybe they'll come around before I have to flush.

I'd say no, because I experienced the same thing with a few of my seedlings, using a non nute medium, fert burn usually effects the tip of the leaf first as well

I'd say no, because I experienced the same thing with a few of my seedlings, using a non nute medium, fert burn usually effects the tip of the leaf first as well
edit: give it a few days you will notice the green pigment filling in.

Thanks guys I'll be backing off on the watering as I suspected that as well. I gotta get a fan on my plants this weekend.

overwatering is more of a problem when growing in cool temperatures in my experience. bottom heat may help if your area is cool, but be aware they will dry out faster.

Back