• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this overfert?

Hi guys, need your insight on if these are over fertilized... I've been dosing them half strength jungle juice lucas formula.

F9D9BA1F-D588-48ED-A599-6A5A6FAF3533_zpslddpeka6.jpg

29E077EB-50FC-4210-BFD7-12BA02B72D42_zpslgmk0d9z.jpg

They are growing in coco so i can't stop supplying them calcium with calmag.

heat stress.
i had the exact same thing with red congos anytime daytime temps hit 95+

are they under hot ass lights or what? panama is fairly close to the equator no? you folks shouldnt be in the dead of summer yet right?

Heat stress! It just so happens that this RED CONGO plant is in direct southwest sun all day. and yes, we are beginning the summer season.

Don't have the problems as severe in the other plants. Im putting the Congos in the shade immediately. They;'ve been dropping flowers like crazy as well.

Thanks buddy i think you nailed it.

Pac_Heat507 said:
Heat stress! It just so happens that this RED CONGO plant is in direct southwest sun all day. and yes, we are beginning the summer season.

Don't have the problems as severe in the other plants. Im putting the Congos in the shade immediately. They;'ve been dropping flowers like crazy as well.

Thanks buddy i think you nailed it.

ill look for my old grow log.... honestly idk what it was even called.

yea mine dropped flowers too, but they still set an insane amount of pods... so many pods that they broke branches like crazy when it rained.

its a ridiculously productive plant... i gave away like 6 free boxes of pods because i got tired of freezing them.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/35849-closedtrade-my-pods-for-your-seeds/

these are bad pics though... taken later in the season when the temps were more moderate.

Back