• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Is this really a "Pumpkin Habanero"

This is a pod from a plant that I bought from pepperjoe.com that he calls a "Pumpkin Habanero". They took a long long time to mature, and I thought that it would eventually turn orange, but this has maintained a peach color that does not seem to be darkening into orange. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what type this might be, or if you think it's some kind of cross. Either way, these things are super hot... Way hotter than my datils!

jjs2ae.jpg

Here it is in (blurry) comparison to a Charleston (left) and Datil pods (right) and chiltepins (bottom):

aomb8o.jpg

Never heard of a Pumpkin Habanero. Heard of different Pumkin types of peppers, but not Habs. I call "Mislabeled". I have seen that variety before though, can't put my finger on it right now. I'm almost 100% sure it's a C. Chinense.

EDIT: Pehaps it's a Davie Peach Habanero?

Hmm, when I search for "Peach Habanero" on google images, and it sure looks like one of those. Whatever it is, I call it good!

I don't think Pepper Joe sells any seeds that aren't crossed 15 different ways. It's ridiculous. There are some serious issues with his isolation (or lack of). I enjoyed his Golden Habanero, but 9 out of 10 varieties come out wrong. Completely unacceptable when you sell commercially!

Chris

What is your favorite vendor? Seeds or live plants in the USA? I'm ordering from thechilewoman next year unless enough people think that hers aren't very good either.

Back