• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this serious?

Hello again everyone,

I have a few plants at a friend's house and haven't seen them in person for a couple weeks. Today I saw one with leaves that looked like this and was wondering if it's serious and if I have to pull it. Thanks for the help

OCVRBST.jpg

I would pull it ... looks "similar enough" to BLS to warrant prudence ...

Note, it doesn't look exactly like the presentations of BLS that I experienced ...

Normally -or at least, what I've experienced - it's a bit for focused, and a bit less geographically distributed ...

Thanks for the responses.  I think I'll try to save it.  I noticed that dirt had been kicked up on the lower leaves too which might have spread something so I'm going to clean up all of the plants, pull the bad leaves, and treat the plants that look like they need it.

Suezotiger said:
Thanks for the responses.  I think I'll try to save it.  I noticed that dirt had been kicked up on the lower leaves too which might have spread something so I'm going to clean up all of the plants, pull the bad leaves, and treat the plants that look like they need it.

The transmission vector for the BLS is splashed raindrops and running water ...

Spacing can help a lot - at least it did, here ...

I get it on a few plants. Not sure if BLS or something else. hardly seems fatal though but the leaves that get it drop eventually this is from my butch T in the hydro

_MG_0738.JPG

that's not it ...

the necrotic center of the dark spot w/ the yellow edge, is ...

it's more focused than that ...

i have many, many sad pictures in my old, old GLOG threads ...

where it really turns ugly is wind-driven rain ... it moved from end to end of my grow a few years ago during a week where were had tropical storm weather for a straight set of weekdays ...

once it gets in the soil ... it can like, never, leave in the worst case, or last 3 years normally ...

it's shitty ... really, really shitty ...

any affected leaves should be removed immediately, because the worst thing is letting them fall ... then the watering washes it into the soil ... then it's just over, period ...

yea I didn't think it looked like bls from pics i've seen on google. Not sure if a deficiency or some other kind of virus. I've only seen it on chinense though, my baccatums seem immune to it

Back