• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sun Is this sunscalding?

Hi guys, some of my pepper plants which were put out rather abruptly have started losing pigmentation. The leaves are feeling a little thin too so I'm guessing its been the few days of 28-30C heat (strong sun). Sorry for the night time pics.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Yep, I am gettting some feed back from both different peppers and tomatoes and it is either the second and third year for some peppers; my tepin just decided the change in environment was too much and drop almost half its leaves.

Notrod said:
Looks like it to me. Ease them into the sun and they will be just fine

Well I am lucky because the next few days will be a bit more moderate - not so blisteringly hot. Might give them a chance to adjust.

I got that on a few of mine- its seems my hardening off plan was too many hours the first couple of times out- however, the plant has responded by producng at least as many new leaves as those that were damaged- and they dont seem to mind the sun at all!

Got a few myself SV that got some burn that i didnt give them enough hardening off time. They come back fast. a very minor setback.

I also have done it, I cut the burnt leaves off after the new one start coming out, they come back pretty quick.

Back