• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It has begun...

ui

Think about it...

The Earth has been cooling steadily since the last ice age. Only for the last century or so, has anyone actually been tracking temperatures globally. The cooling of the planet is supposedly increasing exponentially, because of global warming, yet the average mean temperature in Quito is still + or - 2 degrees of 72 degrees farenheit.

Who benefits from "Global warming" being real??? And... to whose detriment???

Like I said... think about it.

It's political.

Re: ui

Tina Brooks said:
Think about it...

The Earth has been cooling steadily since the last ice age. Only for the last century or so, has anyone actually been tracking temperatures globally. The cooling of the planet is supposedly increasing exponentially, because of global warming, yet the average mean temperature in Quito is still + or - 2 degrees of 72 degrees farenheit.

Who benefits from "Global warming" being real??? And... to whose detriment???

It's political.

Don't you mean the planet has been warming steadily since the last ice age? I think we would still be in the ice age if it kept on cooling.

Anyway here is a paper on the subject, complete with graphs, that does indeed show that the earth has been warming since "the little ice age".
The paper was written by.
Dr. Robert Balling, Director of the Office of Climatology at Arizona State University
http://www.marshall.org/pdf/materials/170.pdf

[quote="Tina Brooks"Who benefits from "Global warming" being real??? And... to whose detriment???

It's political.[/quote]
It's political if you add "who benifits". I wasn't talking about who benifits.
Political(adj.)- Of, relating to, or dealing with the structure or affairs of government, politics, or the state.

This is scienctific, not political. 😉

And by the way, it's not just global warming, it's Solar System warming. All the planets are getting hotter, as well as the sun, along with the massive growth they've been doing too. The whole solar system is doing it.

yes, yes... warming... Shows what I understand about it, lol Warming or cooling, my point was that I would expect average mean temperatures to be changing all over, not just in localized places before I accepted that it was actually a global problem.

I'll comment after reading the report.

T

imaguitargod said:
[quote="Tina Brooks"Who benefits from "Global warming" being real??? And... to whose detriment???

It's political.
It's political if you add "who benifits". I wasn't talking about who benifits.
Political(adj.)- Of, relating to, or dealing with the structure or affairs of government, politics, or the state.

This is scienctific, not political. 😉

And by the way, it's not just global warming, it's Solar System warming. All the planets are getting hotter, as well as the sun, along with the massive growth they've been doing too. The whole solar system is doing it.[/quote]

Yea sure... everywhere but Quito???

Seriously. It's political.

T

That's really neat. So Tina, what your saying is I have personally warmed up the planet Pluto because of my 8 cylinder muscle car. Thanks for the insight.

Um, Jonathan, you're going to have to do better than the enterprise link. I saw the names Art Bell and Whitley Strieber and spewed coffee all over my keyboard.

This sort of thing is going to have to stop!

I find it VERY difficult to give much (if any) credence to something that gives credence to Art Bell or Whitley Strieber as if they were Steven Hawking.

Tina Brooks said:
Um, Jonathan, you're going to have to do better than the enterprise link. I saw the names Art Bell and Whitley Strieber and spewed coffee all over my keyboard.

I find it VERY difficult to give much (if any) credence to something that gives credence to Art Bell or Whitley Strieber as if they were Steven Hawking.
Good for you... :roll:
Next subject.

imaguitargod said:
Tina Brooks said:

Next subject.

Did I miss something?

T :)

Tina Brooks said:
imaguitargod said:
Tina Brooks said:

Next subject.

Did I miss something?

T :)
Yes, you've missed alot.

So how about those peppers...

Tina Brooks said:
Actually, what I'm saying is that I'm not convinced that Global Warming exists...

http://www.free-eco.org/articleDisplay.php?id=294

Just one of many many articles on the "global warming is a myth" stream of thought.

Well I believe it exists, but I think it's a naturally occurring event that cycles. Now the real question is does man's activities accelerate this cycle? All things considered I would have to say yes. Do I have proof? Nothing definite but you can see the changes in our world all the time. The glaciers are melting. The ice shelf at the poles has lost 30% of its mass since humans started measuring those things. The increase in hurricanes and the strength of those hurricanes, so on and so forth. Even here in Minnesota I have seen changes in the weather over the last decade or so. I have never seen it rain in Minnesota in Jan or Feb besides the last 5 years. The winters here are significantly warmer over the course of the last 10 years. Now does this mean anything in the big picture? Probably not, but maybe. 10 years is such a short time when looking at the big picture it’s hard to say.

I did find it interesting the your guy referenced the guy that wrote the paper that I linked. But even Dr. Balling is saying that we just don’t know enough because the amount of time we have been measuring is just too short to be accurate. All of that aside though would it be a bad thing if the tree huggers won? The constant burning of fossil fuel is not a good thing, even with the global warming issue aside. I guess you can look at it this way. IF the climatologists are correct, AND they are actually able to get things done with all the world’s governments, commit everyone to change, and then are wrong. What have we lost? Some money? Oil dependence?
BUT…. What if they’re right?

Just some food for thought…

And to blindly follow anyone who says we created all the problems is just plain funny. I guess during the "little ice age", shortly afterwards, when everything heated up, I guess all those fossil fuel burning automobiles caused the warming in the late 1400's. Oh wait, there weren't any cars, but there was a warming trend for years, must be aliens. The time we have measured all this stuff is a millionth of a nanosecond in Earth's history. Considering Krakatoa spewed more stuff into the sky than we have with automobiles, hmmmm. Considering most of the ozone depletion is above rainforests, hmmmmm. Go buy a Prius, and pray to the falling leaves. I will enjoy my 8 cylinders and after dinner toothpicks (the plastic ones suck). All hail the fallen dinosaurs, they allow me to do 165 mph!

DEFCON Creator said:
(the plastic ones suck).
Those plastic ones do suck...bah!

DEFCON Creator said:
All hail the fallen dinosaurs, they allow me to do 165 mph!
Actually, dinos and dead plant material has nothing to do with the creation of oil. What's been discovered in the last ten years has debunked that one like no one's business.

Annd by the way P_Schneider....excelently said.

BLACK CAYMAN
BOLIVIAN RAINBOW
COBRA
DEVIL'S TONGUE
FATALII
HABANERO-CHOCOLATE
HABANERO-RED SAVINA
HOT PAPER LANTERN
JAMAICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
MALAGUETA
MALIBU PURPLE
MARABA