• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

It might just be me but.....

I dunno if it's just me or what but most of the peppers ive tried taste the same just some are hottest then others or maybe i just need to eat them more

Well today ive ate Brown Moruga, Yellow 7 Pot and a Jonah....the taste were all basically the same except for maybe a lil small difference along with the heat

You answered your own question. Why come here and say peppers don't have different taste than others? Just saying. In another thread where you posted your favorite pepper for each color, how can those be your favorite if you can't really taste the supers?

, Walter

not talking about all of them......and if i wanna ask a question about something im going to ask it if u dont like it pass over it and move on to the next ty

The more peppers I eat, the more differences in flavour I detect. To me, the 3 pods you mentioned taste very different, but there is an underlying similarity as well. If you are giving your taste buds time to reset between each pepper, you will begin to discern differences. If your taste buds are not recovering between peppers you could probably eat a horse and think it tasted the same, too.  :P

yea they were spread out thru out the day i would take 1/4 of each pepper b4 i cook with it and try it by itself.....but like i said i think i just maybe need to eat more of them then i can really prolly tell the difference ALOT better

I don't think your palate has evolved yet. Sometimes certain heats are harder to handle so its difficult to taste the difference when the heat is overwhelming so what I do is sit back close my eyes and focus on picking out certain key flavors.

millworkman said:
Yeah, those 3 taste WAY different.

Radically different tastes to my taste buds. I also taste differences between bhut jolokias, bih jolokias, and naga moriches. However, they are similar in taste.

KingChile said:
Lil different but all basically have that floral earthy taste

maybe i just need to eat them more i dunno
Hmm, the TS Moruga taste similar to a red habanero with a hint of scorpion I think. The 7 pot Jonah tastes nothing like the other two and tastes like a 7 pot original, but the taste is distinct to me. The yellow 7 pot isn't floral at all. It taste very sweet. I think like a yellow Scotch bonnet.

Edit: Sorry! I've never had a brown TS Moruga before. I was thinking of regular TS Morugas. However, I've never had a brown pepper that taste like a red or yellow one.

yes i think my taste needs to evolve so i will be eating alot more since i bought so many from judy lol and the brown moruga simply is waaaaaaay too hot!! but i loved it!

KingChile said:
ive had a jalapeno and habanero but not the other 3 and yes those 2 do taste different

Those two definitely taste different to me. 
So different in fact, that if I've made a batch of pepper poppers of both habaneros and jalapenos, then I have to eat the habs first. If I don't, the habs end up tasting funny.
But maybe it's just me  :crazy:

Back