• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It was a dark and stormy...forever

Last night I found out that my old trash can covers 4 pots. Wife came home late, woke me up wondering why 4 trash cans where upside down in back yard. Worked out great, just glad I didnt toss them when we got our twp cans with wheels. Pack rat wins again.

38* on therm this morning. Sun today 60* but low to mid 40*s tonight with two more days of rain coming. Getting old.

90°

Buckets are sun fading

Plants need sunscreen lotion

I'm starving them till the next rain.

Attachments

• 20160516_142824.jpg
    20160516_142824.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 46
Magged Out said:
90°

Buckets are sun fading

Plants need sunscreen lotion

I'm starving them till the next rain.
Not sure where you are here in Texas, but here near Galveston I put most of my 7gal pots under the shade of the Pecan trees we have at our Orchard. They get full Sun in the morning and then shade in the afternoon. They seem to be liking it.

Yesterday we had extended sun for the first time in 14 days. AND 35 mph winds. Even pulling them close to the house didn't work. Poor things are ragged.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The one year I decide to only buy 6.

38* and snow flurries yesterday. 61* and full sun today. Rain on and off the rest of the week. Got to love the mountain's.

Alynne said:
Yesterday we had extended sun for the first time in 14 days. AND 35 mph winds. Even pulling them close to the house didn't work. Poor things are ragged.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The one year I decide to only buy 6.
The 38 degree temps the night before last didn't help much either, lol! I spoke with some people from our local farmers market that are perplexed by the weather as well. Luckily, several of them have gangster greenhouse ops that are impervious to our shite weather.

Fellow Washingtonian here. Lost a few of my lil plants in this weekend's wind. As in, they just blew away. Not too happy about that. Waiting for something to die from overwatering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the way home I saw this bright round object in the sky that lit everything up around me for a few minutes, then it went away. Anyone have any idea what that could have been? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, but it was so long ago that I forgot what it was. Come to think of it, I think that bright thing used to be around a lot during the day, but again it was such a long time ago.

Went to the 14th and U farmers market last Saturday. Very sparse. Greens, asparagus and last year's apples were about it. Berries are smoked. Everything is weeks behind.

My plants are still in 1020 trays w 18 plant inserts. Went away all day yesterday, and it downpoured from the afternoon into the night. This morning the trays were full, and the plants water-logged.

I drained the trays, and will be putting some holes in them, cause it's raining again today. Does that sound like the right thing to do?

You could place them on layers of paper towels to wick out as much water as you can. Just keep on changing mats as needed. I usaully place waded tissues on top of towels to aid wicking from insert perforations. Anything helps to get them dried up as soon as possible.

Back