• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

recipe Italian Ghost Sauce

Can you elaborate? I think Secret Aardvark and Formosa have oil yet they are shelf stable
As I've learned, "shelf stable" in the hot sauce world does not mean, "can sit in a sealed container unrefrigerated until opened", it means "can be open and left on a table without refrigeration for prolonged and unknown periods of time."

Secret Aardvark recommends refrigeration after opening and consumption within 3 months. Similarly, Formosa states that after opening, their hot sauce must be stored in a fridge.

As I've learned, "shelf stable" in the hot sauce world does not mean, "can sit in a sealed container unrefrigerated until opened", it means "can be open and left on a table without refrigeration for prolonged and unknown periods of time."

Secret Aardvark recommends refrigeration after opening and consumption within 3 months. Similarly, Formosa states that after opening, their hot sauce must be stored in a fridge.
Gotcha. Yeah I'm thinking of the term in the sense of sitting on a store shelf until opened. Pretty easy to put a refrigerate after opening statement on the label.

But HP said "No" to my refrigerate after opening question. So I'm fully confused.

Can you elaborate? I think Secret Aardvark and Formosa have oil yet they are shelf stable
Thought he was making a homemade sauce for fridge without any testing etc. Not sure you'd have to ask him what it was. It's an old post.

Back