• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

It's Always Sunny in Singapore

Can't really call this a grow log as most often I forgot/too lazy/busy to take photos of my plants growing up. So more like a collection of some photos of my chili plants (mostly pods) from past and present.

I started growing chili indoor when I was in college, like a pot or two (not sure that even counts). My serious chili growing started only 3 years back. As I live in apartment, most of my plants are grown in pots on my balcony. I grow many other (non-chili) plants as well, including rice paddy.

This is where the magic happens....

I will start with the past and these are some of my chili plants that are in a better place now.

Demon F1 (Thailand): my favourite of all, the most productive plant I ever had. It just gave up after 2.5 years despite several rescue attempts.

Filius Blue (trade winds fruit): pretty little thing, lost to hmmm..... making room for other hot peppers.

Bolivian Rainbow (Etsy): same fate as Filius Blue

Cobincho (trade winds fruit): grew up very tall and set (not-so-tasty) pods and lost to pest.

Burmese Naga (Burma): lost to root rot.

Zimbabwe Bird (trade winds fruit) : small but productive and lost to pest.

Aribibi Gusano (trade winds fruit): not a true aribibi (all pods are red) and set beautiful pods including that creepy smiley face pepper but I wanted a white one

Mini Rocoto (Semillas La Palma): only pubescens that I had, fast growing but found dead on return from holiday.

And now these are some photos of the live ones

Pequin (trade winds fruit): about 3 year old and still kicking

Murupi (Brazil): almost lost to pest but now it's taller than me and about 2 year old.

Dedo de Moca (Brazil): the least spicy one that I have but beautiful pods

Cumari Verdadeira (Brazil): very productive, two plants in one pot (another one self-generated inside the pot)

Brazilian Pumpkin (Brazil): small pods with thick skin.

Malagueta (Brazil): one of my favourites

Jalapeno (trade winds fruit): very productive and most resistant to pest

Orange Habanero (Mexico): great looking pods

Mustard Habanero (trade winds fruit): beautiful pods

Sha Ema (Bhutan): quite hot for annuum, best for ema datshi, gave out some weird looking pod.

Ai-Manas/Cabe Rawit (Timor Leste): One of my favourites, most tasty pods and some are as hot as superhots.

One of my favorite of all time is orange hab along with scorpions but that handful of orange Habs you have there is making me drool.. :)

White Habanero (trade winds fruit): productive and it gives out twin pods sometimes

Chocolate Bhut (trade winds fruit): I found it hotter than other Bhuts, quite productive

Mako Akokɔsrade (pepperlover): beautiful yellow pods, not so productive

Pimenta de Neyde (pepperlover): beautiful pods, not so productive

CGN 21500 (Semillas La Palma): beautiful and tasty pods

Congo Trinidad (trade winds fruit): not so productive and not as hot as other chinense.

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga (trade winds fruit): the hottest I have

Here's the coolest cross I got - Trinidad Scorpion Moruga x Dedo de Moca

sp33d said:
One of my favorite of all time is orange hab along with scorpions but that handful of orange Habs you have there is making me drool.. :)

They are my favourite too! Can't really go wrong with orange hab.

These are some seedlings that I have. Finding a space for them is gonna be a big headache soon.

Fish pepper, Burmese Bhut, Cambodian Bird, Poblano, Vezanka, India Jwala, Bradley's Bahamian and Bolivian Bumpy

I finally managed to sprout C. galapagoense, C. rhomboideum and C. lanceolatum (all from Semillas La Palma) on my 3rd try.

But my lance died when I came back from a trip.

Then rhomb also decided to give up on me, double heart pain.

This is my still surviving galapagoense

chile_freak said:
looking good brotha!
You mean "sista"?  Pardon my manly hands :)

My first cheiro roxa is in the making

Loving the foliage of my fish pepper

Not sure what's up with all the stingers lately:
Jalapeno with stinger

Dedo de Moca with stinger

Pimenta de Neyde with stinger

Another weird one for Pimenta de Neyde, not even sure it's a fruit or deformed/swollen ovary

Back