• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

It's Always Sunny in Singapore

Can't really call this a grow log as most often I forgot/too lazy/busy to take photos of my plants growing up. So more like a collection of some photos of my chili plants (mostly pods) from past and present.

I started growing chili indoor when I was in college, like a pot or two (not sure that even counts). My serious chili growing started only 3 years back. As I live in apartment, most of my plants are grown in pots on my balcony. I grow many other (non-chili) plants as well, including rice paddy.

This is where the magic happens....

I will start with the past and these are some of my chili plants that are in a better place now.

Demon F1 (Thailand): my favourite of all, the most productive plant I ever had. It just gave up after 2.5 years despite several rescue attempts.

Filius Blue (trade winds fruit): pretty little thing, lost to hmmm..... making room for other hot peppers.

Bolivian Rainbow (Etsy): same fate as Filius Blue

Cobincho (trade winds fruit): grew up very tall and set (not-so-tasty) pods and lost to pest.

Burmese Naga (Burma): lost to root rot.

Zimbabwe Bird (trade winds fruit) : small but productive and lost to pest.

Aribibi Gusano (trade winds fruit): not a true aribibi (all pods are red) and set beautiful pods including that creepy smiley face pepper but I wanted a white one

Mini Rocoto (Semillas La Palma): only pubescens that I had, fast growing but found dead on return from holiday.

Hawaiianero said:
That Murupi plant you said was taller than you, those are some beautiful pods. How is the heat and flavor?
Thanks! Murupi has the same fruity flavour and aroma as those typical habaneros with a little less heat.

Back