I've been lurking here for months. Now I've finally decided to sign up for an account and introduce

I've been eating spicy food as long as I can remember; trying to get the spiciest as possible. Luckily, I have come of age in the time of the Great Superhot Pepper Renaissance, where this very forum seems to be the nexus of. 

For years I've been buying hot peppers from the supermarket, or spending tons of money of sauce in the hot sauce shop, and I finally decided that it was time to grow my own. Not only is it going to be cheaper, but there are a ton of new ultra-hot varieties that I've heard about that I can't wait to grow. 

I planted some seeds (orange hab, new mexican red, CARDI Scorpion and West Indies Red) indoors this week and I live in Central Texas. If anybody who grows in the region has any advice, it'd be appreciated.

A little more about me: I work in the craft beer industry and that is my other love. I'm into pickling and fermenting, butchery, and slow cooking/smoking. I listen to extreme metal and am highly flatulent.

I'll keep ya'll posted during my first growing season and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as they arise.

Cheers. 

Welcome to THP....from Canada.

:welcome: to the THP forums from SC!! Nice to have you here... best of luck with your grow this season. From your introduction, sounds like you'll fit in just fine here!!   :cheers:

Back