dehydrators I've got the dehydrator, and the dried peppers. . .

I use the magic bullet that used to be advertised on tv.

I would recommend somethig with pieces that can be placed in the dish washer.

A grinder that is open air like a morter and pestle will mess your world up with the air born particles.

I purchased a $12 Braun coffee grinder from Target for my dried peppers a few years ago - still works and I still use it.  (Wife has another for coffee!)

Then I got this grinder as a Christmas gift a year ago.  Really exceptionally happy with it.  I would not have spent that amount on a grinder for myself, but damn if I'm not super glad the MIL did.  Excellent piece of equipment, has handled large (5lb dried pepper) batches and grinds to a very fine powder.  

For small batches and custom blend stuff I still use the coffee grinder and would recommend it to anyone.  When you step into larger batches the Waring really shines.

I bought the waring as well. Its great for peppers. Anybody found it sucks at coffee? I say it does.. big chunks no matter what I do...

I have the GE Savor combo coffee/spice grinder, and like it. I'm not a coffee drinker, so it doesn't get used for that. However, it has multiple settings for coarseness/fineness, so I can get flakes or powders as desired.

SmokenFire said:
I purchased a $12 Braun coffee grinder from Target for my dried peppers a few years ago - still works and I still use it.  (Wife has another for coffee!)

Then I got this grinder as a Christmas gift a year ago.  Really exceptionally happy with it.  I would not have spent that amount on a grinder for myself, but damn if I'm not super glad the MIL did.  Excellent piece of equipment, has handled large (5lb dried pepper) batches and grinds to a very fine powder.  

For small batches and custom blend stuff I still use the coffee grinder and would recommend it to anyone.  When you step into larger batches the Waring really shines.
Now that is a nice spice grinder !

Back