• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Jack's "hot sauce"

Time for another review!

Jack's Hot Sauce

img00034oy.jpg

Ingredients: Water, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Chili Peppers, Modified Food Starch, Dextrose, Malodextrin, Spices including Paprika, Xanthan Gum, Dehydrated Garlic, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate ( added as preservatives) , Citric Acid, Monosodium Glutamate, Dehydrated Onions, Beet Powder

For this review I decided to dip deep into my collection. Digging around under the seat in my truck I found just the sauce .. Jack’s Hot Sauce, a.k.a. “hot sauce”.

The first ingredient on the list is “water”. What I want to know is what kind of water? It must be some special kind of pure wonderful water to make a sauce this good.

Right after “salt” and only fifth on the list is my favorite ingredient for hot sauce, “chili peppers” YES! I LOVE chili peppers! A hot sauce without chili peppers just isn’t a hot sauce.

Since I had less than an ounce of this wonderful sauce to sample, I decided to just try it on some chips. As you can see, the sauce has a nice oily sheen to it. If you look close you can see little bits of …something. It’s not too thick and not to thin. It seems like the sort of sauce that would cling well to any sort of questionable food.

As for taste… wow! This stuff is pretty good. I think all that Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate has kept it fresh as a daisy for God knows how long it’s been riding around in my truck…or sitting in a box somewhere before I got it. It’s got a tangy tomato flavor and just a hint of spiciness. There’s a certain irresistible charm about this sauce that’s hard to pinpoint. Could it be the beet powder? Maybe, but most likely it’s the magic of MSG.

Surely this is a great all-around sauce but I recommend eating it on super greasy mystery-meat tacos whilst driving home one-eyed drunk at 3 am.

Heat 1/10
Taste 3/10

:mouthonfire: Great review! Is that from Jack In The Box?

Edit: Yes, I see it is in the fine print.

MMMMMMM, I can almost taste it from your description. Great review. You left out the convenience of the "tear here" corner. Fine food and functionality.

Back