• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Jalapeno Variety

So the Early Jalapeno's are the hottest?

I was reading somewhere about the Rome Jalapeno or the Biker Billy Jalapeno's as well?

You should check out's meatfreak's list . He has more varieties than anyone I know. He sells seeds as well at  www.tasty-peppers.com It is out of the country but he has shipped to me many time . 

a few he has not sure if they are all for sale 

Jalabanero F5
Jalapeño Ciclón
Jalapeño Colima
Jalapeño Coyame
Jalapeño Craig’s Grande
Jalapeño Dark Red
Jalapeño Dulce
Jalapeño Fooled You
Jalapeño Gigantia
Jalapeño Goliath
Jalapeño Ixtapa X3R
Jalapeño Jalapa
Jalapeño Jalastar
Jalapeño Mammoth
Jalapeño Master
Jalapeño Numex Jalmundo
Jalapeño PS 11435810
Jalapeño Senorita
Jalapeño Tajin
Jalapeño Zapotec
Jalapeñona Red

I really like "Cracked" Jalapeno from pepperlover. You can read the description here but it's supposedly sourced from Jalapa. They take a bit longer than the "early" variety but I found them more flavorful and hot. Also, mine last year were more prolific overall - especially later in the seaon. That's the only jalapeno I'm growing this year.

I absolutely love jalapeno purple for flavor. They're not the hottest by any means, and they are very seedy for their size. However, for me, the flavor makes up for those. An excellent snacking pod - I never grow enough to do more than just chow down on them while I'm focusing on other things.

I grew mammoth jalapeños last year and they were really nice. Decently hot. Had a placenta that was huge all the way down to the bottom. I've never seen store bought jalapeños like they were. They were so good for stuffing
And they were purdy.

mildest i can think of is EARLY

hottest is BIKER BILLY

IN BETWEEN IS HARD TO SAY

thanks your friend Joe

Reactions: SL3
Jalapeno = Jalapeño

In Méjico, the tilde ending indicates where it's from, ie, Jalapeño is from Jalapa, norteño is from the north and etc.

Back