• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jalepeno Help..

cool mel...I would highly recommend letting the soil dry out enough to where you think it needs watering...then before watering, repot the plant and check on how wet the soil in in the bottom of your container you were using...if it is muddy, you definitely have an overwatering/poor drainage issue...

thanks AJ, i'll bring 'em in out of the rain tomorrow and let them start drying out... will keep you posted on progress!

cool Mel...best of luck to you this grow season...

thanks matey... i just brought in Mr Jalepeno from the pool fence out of the rain.. so we'll wait 'n see...

I have some pics to give you a better idea of what may be going on.. I had a dig around in the soil and its not even damp so I'm hoping that its not root rot.. I did find an intruder who has now been dealt with so maybe the evil beetle from earlier in the week had laid some eggs?? not sure... anyways take a look and let me know what you reckon... any advice greatly appreciated..

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

and finally... couldnt help but post these, the seedling that I threw into my junk pot and ignore is growing way faster than the ones I've been fussing over!

unknown in junk pot
IMG_1848.jpg

Baby Scotch Bonnet
IMG_1840.jpg

Latest addition - a Rocoto, will be repotting soon

IMG_1849.jpg

I just found some of those grubs on my plant yesterday. They explode when are hurled at concrete, jus sayin...

Back