• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jamaican mushroom

I bought two plants that were labeled as Jamaican scotch bonnets this spring but as the fruit has matured they certainly aren't.  Turns out they are Jamaican mushrooms.  I have no experience at all with this variety.  Can anyone drop some info on taste, heat, etc.  Thanks.

I harvest one several weeks ago. sweet warm below jalapeno heat. nothing unpleasant about it unless you were looking for something to satisfy your need for something hot. Doubt I will grow them again unless it being only the 1st pod the variety has something more to offer with subsequent pods.

Thanks CAPCOM!  I have a lot of super hots growing so if two plants aren't overly hot I guess it isn't a loss.  My wife will probably like them.  Here are some pics since I certainly shouldn't be I.D.ing anything I am not familiar with.
ExONQYtl.jpg

Y89CCX8l.jpg

Well my first one came ripe today. The heat surprised me. Was orange habanero heat ish. Not much flavor though. Sweet but bland.

That is a good idea :)
I have Jamaican yellows (forgot to mention on my intro) been trying to grow them for a while and only got 3 of them last year so planted the seeds from them this year and got a better crop, I posted a picture of them (my Avatar is Scotch Bonnets).
Thanks Roguejim :)

Back