food JayT's Steak Sandwich

I would have posted this in The Drunken Chef, but I need to pay homage to my friend PepperFreak for the gift he sent me. I received a little bottle of chile heaven called Bhut Jolokia Madness yesterday. I have eaten it several times today. I love the taste. It has a little bit of a vinegary mustard taste, but the Bhuts really come through. This isn't meant to be a review thread, but I just wanted to say thanks PF and I love it. Here's how I used it tonight. Some garlic Italian bread, the mojo steak leftovers from the other day, mozzarella cheese, pickled jalapenos and habs, bacon, sour cream and Bhut Jolokia Madness and a little salad.

100_0062-1.jpg

100_0059.jpg

100_0060.jpg

Yummyness on a bun! Looks exceptionally tasty!

I am glad you like it. I have found that the vinegar taste dissipates about a week after opening it and am not sure why, but it becomes less. I also want to say, if we end up having that sandwich throwdown in March, you sir may end up being a triple crown wearer.

Good googly-moogly....

Now I have to go to the grocery......SAMMICH TIME!!!

Fabulous foodage and quite an inspiration, Jay!!

A++++!!!

Thanks guys. I added some more of the Bhut Jolokia Madness because with all that was going on there I couldn't taste it well enough. Now I can sure taste it, and I can't feel my face. I am a third of the way through the bottle in one day PF. Get to it Paul. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Me, I am going to keep eating this monster and oh hey, it's time for another drink!

It's meat, more meat, cheese and a "bag o' salad mix" on top LOL. Nice.

It would take me two sittings to finish that but looks sooo good. I wish i could eat like Homer.

Wow - that is one fabulous sandwich Jay - deserves a spot on the Food Network for sure! I haven't tried Bhut in a sauce yet, but I really do like the afterburn Bhut provides. Great pics by the way - it is only 7am and I want a sandwich! Hey - I'm only about 30 miles from you - I could may it by 7:45 if you'd make me one for breakfast :)
Bill

thehotpepper.com said:
It's meat, more meat, cheese and a "bag o' salad mix" on top LOL. Nice.

Busted. I didn't have any green leaf lettuce like I would have used. This was a spur of the moment idea. Would've been better with provolone too. Still I have a winner with that mojo venison steak. Just as good in that sammie as it was when I first cooked it.

Wow, now that is a steak sammich! I'd have to do that in a few sittings as well. I can't wait for the snow to start melting and warm up a bit. I can't even get to my BBQ to do up a bad boy like that :(

Please name your sandwich next time it's the size of a small animal. I call this Non-Philly But Pennsylvania Behemoth Cheese Steak!

I dunno. A Philly cheesesteak has an Italian roll, cheese, peppers and onions. Mine had all of those things. Should qualify. Maybe I could rename it the Jayranasaurus. Funny thing is it really was as big as it looked. I would say it was 20in. long and four inches wide. A tasty hot monster that I thoroughly enjoyed every bite of. If I should try to make this again, I would make sure it had the proper cheese and lettuce. Then, I think it could be a contenda in March for the throwdown.:cool:

JayT said:
I dunno. A Philly cheesesteak has an Italian roll, cheese, peppers and onions. Mine had all of those things. Should qualify. Maybe I could rename it the Jayranasaurus. Funny thing is it really was as big as it looked. I would say it was 20in. long and four inches wide. A tasty hot monster that I thoroughly enjoyed every bite of. If I should try to make this again, I would make sure it had the proper cheese and lettuce. Then, I think it could be a contenda in March for the throwdown.:cool:
No problem - I will bring the cheese, lettuce, and I have some bhut powder in case you run low on the 'Madnes'. Although I may have to wait a while as I've been on a low carb diet, and there certainly looks like a few carbs in that Jayranasaurus!

This is a CaJohn's sauce correct?

Yep it is a Cajohn's sauce. Although I think it is a prototype and not a mass produced sauce from him. I think it was only available locally, but PF has the info on that.

That's what I thought. Cool label. It's a play on Reefer Madness.

Attachments

• reefer_madness.jpg
    reefer_madness.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 51
Back