• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jessxcr's 2012 Grow Log

Well. Here we go again. Last year I had ordered seeds from Asias Garden off of eBay and they ended up being crosses at best. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Thanks to all the people here who helped me get on my way last year. I learned pretty much everything from this site and people were very helpful.

This year I got all my seeds but the Red Bhut from Hippy Seed Co. The Red Bhuts came from NMSU. I just started germinating today. I decided to scale it back a bit this year. I started about 20 seeds but will probably only keep 6 and give the rest to friends. Here is what I am growing:

Red Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
Douglah
Butch T

IMAG0180.jpg

In my experience the Douglahs (alphanerdz strain which THSC sells) and the yellow 7 pot/pods can take a loong time to sprout.

My Douglahs and Yellow 7's from THSC took 30-40 days in some cases but they did end up coming up eventually

Hey, Jesse those Butch T's look great!
Good luck growing them out...

Hey, Jessxcr, glad you are back for another grow! I bet you are cruising this time compared to last year. Being a snoob (2nd year) does have some advantages--I now know enough to be even more dangerous. Your set-up is slick--thats a lot of efficient firepower in a small space. And a lot of fire in your choice of peppers...

From your avatar, looks like you already have one really nice pod already. Congrats.... :cool:

Yeah, I had a fun time playing with my plants last year. My wife thinks they are stupid but oh well. I added 1/2 a scorpion to a pot of her chili she made last fall and she was pissed. She would take like 2 bites and have to blow her nose. Said I ruined her chili. I rather enjoyed it.

And thanks. He wasn't in our plan but man we have been blessed with an awesome gift. Never thought I could love someone so much.
Progressing nicely, good idea that velcro...good luck on your grows, the peppers AND the pink one!

Thank you. I hadn't been on here in a while and your comment was on page 2. I was like, "What? The pink one?" But then I saw the comment prior to yours and I figured you were talking about my son. :halo:
Hey, Jesse those Butch T's look great!
Good luck growing them out...

Thanks. Yeah they are coming along nicely. I just gave them a couple weak doses of Pro Grow. I think this year I just have decided to not worry about the little things so much and let them do their thing. I can't wait to see one of my friends try one. I guarantee I won't be the first one! I'm scared of those. :fire:

Potted up my Butch Ts last night.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

My prized plant so far this year.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

In their new home. The ones still in the smaller containers are 7 Pots. I don't know what is the deal with them but they sure are stragglers. I have half a mind to just chuck them but who knows, maybe they will kick it in to gear eventually. They are just runty.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Potted up my Butch Ts last night.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

My prized plant so far this year.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

In their new home. The ones still in the smaller containers are 7 Pots. I don't know what is the deal with them but they sure are stragglers. I have half a mind to just chuck them but who knows, maybe they will kick it in to gear eventually. They are just runty.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Looking good bro. The runty ones still could find there feet to early to chuck them just yet in my opinion.
Sometimes I find they take a little while to spread out once they have been placed in a new pot especially if they weren't quite big enough to be potted on but were done anyway.

Maybe you could put something under their pots to bring them closer to the light source seeing as they are lower then the others that could also help get them going a little.

"What? The pink one?" But then I saw the comment prior to yours and I figured you were talking about my son. :halo:
Roger that.

The plants are lookin good, I don't chuck runts either...normally. This year I will have so many.....oh hell, I will find a hole for em somewhere!
The Butch T's are lookin' tough though-doin something right :mouthonfire:

Hey Jess, great looking BT transplants.
+1 to Tripps comment about waiting
for the runts to catch up.

Looking good bro. The runty ones still could find there feet to early to chuck them just yet in my opinion.
Sometimes I find they take a little while to spread out once they have been placed in a new pot especially if they weren't quite big enough to be potted on but were done anyway.

Maybe you could put something under their pots to bring them closer to the light source seeing as they are lower then the others that could also help get them going a little.

I have had the little ones under a desk lamp with a CFL in it. I just moved it for the pic.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

These ones were actually started in those containers so they haven't been potted up yet. I will give them some time to see what happens.

Wow. Explosive growth in the last 10 days since I potted up.

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

And some buds. I had no buds forming last year before I put them out. These are way ahead of schedule from last year. I think I will leave them on this plant and then pinch the ones on another plant to see the difference it makes. I know there is so much debate about this subject. I will determine by experimenting.

IMAG0252.jpg

My lonely 3 Butch Ts and 1 7 Pod. Catching some rays outside today here in MN.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I have started hardening off my plants about a week and a half ago but there have been some cooler days so they have been outside pretty sporadic. Yesterday and today they were out for an hour and I just sat out on the deck and did some homework. My wife thinks it's a little odd that I like to sit out there and "spend some time" with my plants. :crazy:

Ok. Not sure how much longer these can stay in the #1 pots. I have been having a heck of a time hardening them off. It will be in the mid 60s for a couple days where I can get them outside for an hour or so. I have got them to be out for about 2 hours with no ill effects on them. The problem being after it is in the 60s to 70 for a couple days it drops back down to a high of 40. Looks like next week only 40s and 50s so here we go backwards again.

I just don't have the lighting or room to have them in 5 gal buckets inside my house right now.

Here is where we are at as far as size. What do you all think? Can they last another couple weeks in these pots?
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Those plants look great - I bet they can spent another week or two in those pots.

Potted them up into their final homes yesterday. I think they had all they could take in the #1 containers. I'm a bit ahead of where I was last year with these.

IMAG0314.jpg

Looking good. I am going to keep some of my plants for 5 gallon containers just to see the difference between them and ones that will go in the ground. Good luck.

White is a great color to use in the buckets, black is like a heat sink. The plants are lookin healthy and ready to "put out" for you. Man ,there are so many glogs rolling, its takes a while to make the rounds(now its like 2-3 days!).

Well... Not really liking how my plants are going now. Due to the temps being all over the board here a lot of the leaves got sunburned and I plucked off most of the really bad ones. My plants now look fairly spindly and not too full anymore. I do see a lot of new growth starting to develop along each of the nodes so hopefully they will bush out in the next month or so. I had some issues with squirrels diggin in my pots so I'm sure they did quite a bit of damage to the roots also. That may have played a factor too. I finally put in some chicken wire last night so that should take care of the problem. I put powdered Scorpions from last year on top of the soil a couple times but they just kept coming back. I hope them little bastards at least suffered some. Anyway, here are a couple current pics of my situation:

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

I also did a pH test of the soil and this is what I came up with. To me it looks like it may be around 6.7 or so? Anybody think this needs some adjustment?

IMAG0344.jpg

Back