• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JIGSAW Community Grow 2014

Attachments

• CAM01642.jpg
    CAM01642.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 81
Pr0digal_son said:
I like the last two pics. I am still a fan of the naga shaped pods. The pebbled/convoluded texture(brainy) in your shots is something I want to see along with that wedge shape. Cool!
Thanks P-son! I was pretty happy when I first saw that pod. The plant was hidden in the back of my grow self and I didn't even know it was there until moving plants outside. I had paint brushed a few flowers but had no idea no had set.
Digging the brainy texture and shape too. Not to knock Dale's pod shot, but digging my pod better.
Wondering what the other two plants I have will throw out. This is going to be cool to see all the phenotypes from everyone growing them.

Here it the same pod from today.
13985626326690.jpg

Another week or so and I can taste this bad boy and see what it is all about. :)

Actually ordered some of the live plants from Baker late last night since I just learned about these and had an impulse moment.  I think it said they were going to ship in a few weeks so I'll post updates on how they're doing here once I get them going.

Got my first ripe pod.
13999521549512.jpg

13999524948554.jpg

This pod tasted really good. Much better than I expected. It had a tart fruity taste before the heat kicked in. This pod started inside and then was put outside. Wasn't a record holder by any means, but definitely had some heat. The lower half with less placenta was really good. Up top there was some serious burn, stinging parts of my mouth that made contact. It mellowed into a all over mouth burn that didn't last more than 5 or so minutes total. It also had thicker walls than I was expecting.
It turned out to be a good tasting pod. Looking forward to future pods that should be up in the heat department as the temps and humidity rise.
Looking forward to seeing what my other two plants throw out along with everyone else's plants!

Everyone keep the pictures coming!

And thank you again Dale for giving me a chance to grow these out!

UPDATE!!!

Pics of our "Jigsaw" peppers :)

Thanks to EVERYONE who took part in this GLOG!! We thank you for your hard work and dedication to the cause....The LOVE of SPICY food!!

Coming soon to www.BakersPeppers.com! Follow us on Facebook & Twitter for updates on product availablity!!

Sizzling Salutations!,
Dale Baker Jr
Baker's Peppers LLC
www.BakersPeppers.com
@BakersPeppers on Twitter
www.Facebook.com/BakersPeppers

Attachments

• IMG_20140514_155327.jpg
    IMG_20140514_155327.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20140514_155437.jpg
    IMG_20140514_155437.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 52
I put 5 plants in the ground today.  They're too puny for pics right now, but I think they'll take off now they have room to grow.  I have possibly 5 more to pot up to larger pots and several from my own seed saved from last year, but the latter aren't part of this thread.  Last year's pods did look a lot like what I'm seeing in this thread, though, so that's good.

The typical look of my Jigsaw's..........none ripe yet, ........I'm tempted to try this one green.....................hiccup !............ :D

Back