• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat jigsaw the hottest ?

One of my coworkers and were talking about peppers and making salsas yesterday and he mentioned to me that the JIGSAW pepper is the worlds hottest pepper! So does anyone know if this is true or not. I havent even heard of this pepper.Thanks for info you may have on this subject.

Totally co signing on this. One strain can have many outcomes due to growing conditions, climate, etc. as well as your own personal tolerance. Don't worry about the hottest.
cycadjungle said:
I'm growing three peppers that are hotter than this one. So, I don't think so. Tom

Also it depends on how there grown, as far as records this is what is said as the top 5 hottest in the world. With so many new Crosses being made does it really Matter if it's 1M or 2m there all Really Hot. LOL

# 1carolina reaper
#2 moruga scorp
#3 butch t scorp
#4 brainstrain
#5 douglah

I thought the jigsaw had a plain taste and had the heat of my Morugas. Even though I am not growing them, Judy's red lava was hotter. My red brains I got seeds from Cappy, and those years 25% hotter than the Morugas, and taste way better. Reapers certainly have a kind of heat than none of these others have, and my Promos that came right from Troy are 10% hotter than my reapers. I just got in a box of massive looking bhutlahs from Judy today and if they are anything like people say, these should kick most of these other peppers ass. I'm bringing the most bumpy ones to " hot pepper night" this coming Monday night where there will be about 15 people trying them out and comparing them in heat to the reapers. Should be interesting. I also got sdome massive chocolate Morugas from her. I don't know where these are going to be, but I would bet, even these might be hotter than a jigsaw. I mainly got those to compare the taste with the other chocolates I am growing to see if I want to add these to my list of peppers. I really like Douglahs for taste and heat, so we will see about those on Monday as well and that way I will get many opinions. Tom

cycadjungle said:
I thought the jigsaw had a plain taste and had the heat of my Morugas. Even though I am not growing them, Judy's red lava was hotter. My red brains I got seeds from Cappy, and those years 25% hotter than the Morugas, and taste way better. Reapers certainly have a kind of heat than none of these others have, and my Promos that came right from Troy are 10% hotter than my reapers. I just got in a box of massive looking bhutlahs from Judy today and if they are anything like people say, these should kick most of these other peppers ass. I'm bringing the most bumpy ones to " hot pepper night" this coming Monday night where there will be about 15 people trying them out and comparing them in heat to the reapers. Should be interesting. I also got sdome massive chocolate Morugas from her. I don't know where these are going to be, but I would bet, even these might be hotter than a jigsaw. I mainly got those to compare the taste with the other chocolates I am growing to see if I want to add these to my list of peppers. I really like Douglahs for taste and heat, so we will see about those on Monday as well and that way I will get many opinions. Tom
Would love to see the results of that meeting, keep us posted

I will. I'm going to reserrect my old thread, sampling seriously hot peppers on Monday in Lakeland. I have reviews of many different peppers in that thread from our Monday night gatherings. We have had "hot pepper night"every Monday night for about 3 years now. I got discouraged last November because for those of us that stayed around at midnight got robbed at gunpoint by three guys claiming to be from the Jacksonville area. It just killed my enthusiasm for all of this. This is a great time to start it up again. Do a search here if you want to see our past reviews. Tom

cycadjungle said:
I will. I'm going to reserrect my old thread, sampling seriously hot peppers on Monday in Lakeland. I have reviews of many different peppers in that thread from our Monday night gatherings. We have had "hot pepper night"every Monday night for about 3 years now. I got discouraged last November because for those of us that stayed around at midnight got robbed at gunpoint by three guys claiming to be from the Jacksonville area. It just killed my enthusiasm for all of this. This is a great time to start it up again. Do a search here if you want to see our past reviews. Tom
That's messed up :shocked: Glad to hear you back in the game. Hopefully you found a better spot to meet up

I just don't stay till midnight any more. It is at a Chili's. They mainly robbed the safe, but they took our money and cell phones as well. These same guys hit a few other restaurants in the area and even the Bed Bath and Beyond store over a 3 month period. It is a good place to go, things just happens sometimes. I'm going to bring up the thread I was talking about after this, so that way you can find my reviews.

cycadjungle said:
I just don't stay till midnight any more. It is at a Chili's. They mainly robbed the safe, but they took our money and cell phones as well. These same guys hit a few other restaurants in the area and even the Bed Bath and Beyond store over a 3 month period. It is a good place to go, things just happens sometimes. I'm going to bring up the thread I was talking about after this, so that way you can find my reviews.
Where's this thread? and fugg those thieves, they may have stole your money but never let them steal your passion.

Back