• Do you need help identifying a ūüĆ∂?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? ūü§ß
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

heat jigsaw the hottest ?

One of my coworkers and were talking about peppers and making salsas yesterday and he mentioned to me that the JIGSAW pepper is the worlds hottest pepper! So does anyone know if this is true or not. I havent even heard of this pepper.Thanks for info you may have on this subject.
 
Ok here we taste buds or guiness.Sounds vague and suggestive.why is that these peppers arent tested or is the test procedure complex or difficult.Has to be something or i imagine testing would be commonplace.For instance i saw the review on 7pot black lava(pepperlove)and i believe the guys name was bill.Seemed in redibly hot and wicked right!so why not test that pepper.
 
mpicante said:
Ok here we taste buds or guiness.Sounds vague and suggestive.why is that these peppers arent tested or is the test procedure complex or difficult.Has to be something or i imagine testing would be commonplace.For instance i saw the review on 7pot black lava(pepperlove)and i believe the guys name was bill.Seemed in redibly hot and wicked right!so why not test that pepper.
 
Because you dont just test a pepper that is only few seasons old (I dont know about the reaper) but I am talking about my strains.
 
When testing and wining a title, you must have consistency among generations, otherwise it is just a sample of a strain that won the title. 
 
To create a truly stable strain could take 8-9 generations. Or 8-9 years or if growing in hydroponics it could be acheived in say 2-3 if your lucky.
 
Good accurate testing requires good accurate $$$ and the ones in the "hobby" of growing chilli's usually have little to no interest in getting peppers tested. I have seen tests available for $50 HOWEVER they are about as useful as tits on a bull in terms of getting numbers that reflect what the pepper is achieving in relation to it's SHU rating. It's like getting a tattoo, cheap ones are shite.
 
If growing commercially it makes sense to get XYZ peppers tested so you can claim the record, sell seeds and or plants for a while before every man and their dog has seeds and hopefully make bank in that short amount of time.
 
I use my own taste buds when deciding what is the hottest and so far for me personally its the Brown Moruga bcuz i havent tasted the others yet but its hotter than the Reaper I think personally bcuz it floored me and it was only 1/4 of it I didnt even eat the whole pod
 
Wow 8 or 9 years!thats a long time the kids will be all grown up and off to college by then.so if its HOT its HOT!!!!got it.thanks for the lesson really helpful.
 
KingChile said:
I use my own taste buds when deciding what is the hottest and so far for me personally its the Brown Moruga bcuz i havent tasted the others yet but its hotter than the Reaper I think personally bcuz it floored me and it was only 1/4 of it I didnt even eat the whole pod
 
Isn't that kinda like saying "Michael Jordan is the tallest man alive because I haven't met Sultan Kösen?" I mean sure, Jordan's taller than Justin Bieber or Gary Coleman, but...
 
PepperLover said:
The hottest according to ?
His taste buds maybe 
Guinness says it is The Reaper crated by ED
So you can go either with Guinness or your own tongue 
My tongue this year tells me that the Jigsaw is not the hottest.  The hottest three pods i've tried have been your bhutlah, my brown mourga, and my friends reaper.
KingChile said:
I use my own taste buds when deciding what is the hottest and so far for me personally its the Brown Moruga bcuz i havent tasted the others yet but its hotter than the Reaper I think personally bcuz it floored me and it was only 1/4 of it I didnt even eat the whole pod
yeah those are evil bastards.
 
To my tongue, the Reaper is tops and then the Jigsaw. The Reaper fools you too. It starts off a bit sweet, and then the heat creeps in and doesn't let go.
 
Jeff H said:
The Reaper fools you too. It starts off a bit sweet, and then the heat creeps in and doesn't let go.
 
This is good to know. I have one reaper plant putting out pods right now.
 
Does anyone know if this been tested at all? I'm curious about the hard data on this (e.g. F generation, and SHU). It seems like you could cut through a lot of posturing, and marketing hype with actual statistics.
 
Back
Top