• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders Review Series 2 - Yellow Bhut Jolokia

jblo said:
Anxious to hear your review of the Jay's Red. I felt much the same about the peach version.
My camera messed up on the red so I didn't get to post it.  Chris is going to send me another so I can get it on video.  The red was just a little bit hotter than the peach, but the flavor was better, although highly floral still.  I didn't get any bitterness out of it.

Nigel said:
Nice one. I`ve wondered about those.

Hot too, eh? Excellent review. 
Thanks Nigel.  I wish I had eaten it before it went overripe.  It likely would have been hotter.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Wow, those pods lasted a LONG time from harvest!

Yeah, and I still have a yellow bhut that I'm doing tonight.  It feels as firm as the day it arrived in the mail.  I vacuum seal the bags (well ghetto vacuum sealing with a straw ;)) so I think that helps add to the longevity.

How would you compare the chocolate bhut to the chocolate indian carbon? Same? Different? 

Nice work, as always.

Yellow Bhut Jolokia:

If you've ever eaten a yellow bhut, then you know what this review was like.  This was your prototypical yellow bhut jolokia.  Great flavor (sweet, fruity, citrusy, mild bhut floral flavor), and lower end superhot level heat.  Overall, a wonderful pepper.

My rating:
Heat: 6
Flavor: 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu46fVesD-g&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiYHmndhluQL2PQhTlYItkw

Nigel said:
How would you compare the chocolate bhut to the chocolate indian carbon? Same? Different? 

Nice work, as always.

Sorry for the late reply Nigel.  Missed this earlier.  I've not eaten any type of Indian Carbon, so I can't give a comparison.

Back