• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

jswieton's 2017 Glog

This will be my first hot pepper grow in which I'm starting from seed.  I thought it would be fun to document my season in this glog.  Before I get started I want to give a big thanks to many of THP's members that have been helping me along the way.

I have been able to put together a rather large collection of over 100 different species of pepper seeds over the course of last year.  With careful thought and limited grow space I have narrowed it down to growing these plants this season.

Without further ado here is my list of peppers I have decided to grow this season. I will update my glog with plenty of photos to document my grow during each stage of the process. 

Wish me luck; I'm sure I will need it.

Brainstrain (red)
Brainstrain  (Yellow)
Bhut Jolokia
BOC
BOC (small)
Brazilian Starfish
Brown Moruga
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Hab.
Cracked Jalapeno
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Moruga Scorpion
Primo
Fatalii (red)
 Fatalii (yellow)
Scotch Brains
Scotch Bonnet
Thai Dragon

It’s been a few weeks since my last update and things seem to be going very well.  Due to lack of growing space, I have thinned out my plants from 45 down to about 30 and I’ve replanted everything in 24oz cups in a mix of peat, coco coir, and worm castings.

I’ve also topped the majority of my plants and my plants seem to love it.  Within a few days of topping them I have tons of side shoots coming off each of the stems.  I was reluctant to do it but the growth really took off as soon as I did it.

I am having that same problem. My plants are taking off like rockets. It's crazy. Haven't lost any this year, which is a good thing. But I have no space for anything else guess I need a bigger grow room.

I have really been slacking with my glog updates.  It has been a couple of months since my last update.  All of my plants are doing pretty well and I have pods on all of them and the pods are beginning to ripen.  Here is the list of everything that I have in containers.
Brainstrain (red) (seeds might have been mixed up because the pods look like Bhuts)
Brainstrain  (Yellow)
Bhut Jolokia
BOC x2
Brazilian Starfish (seeds might have been mixed up because the pods look like Bhuts)
Brown Moruga
Carolina Reaper x2
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Hab.
Cracked Jalapeno
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Moruga Scorpion
Primo (seeds might have been mixed up because the pods look like Bhuts)
Fatalii (red)
Scotch Brains
Scotch Bonnet
Thai Dragon
El Scorpenaro

I want to give a big thanks to D3 for the El Scorpenaro seeds!

My plants seem to be improving since I gave them a heavy dose of Nitrogen and some CalMag.  Here is what I pulled from 3 plants today.  The ElScorpanero is definitely my most productive plant at the moment.  It still has another 20+ pods that should ripen up sometime in the next week.

Back