• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Just a few pictures for you all.

I'm new to growing hot peppers. Started Jan 1 with a couple of cayenne. I also planted a pack of free seeds from Peppermania on March 1.

Got around to transplanting 4 of them today from solo cups to 1 gallon smartpots.

Although I know it is impossible to tell exactly from photos, I'm hoping someone here might know at least what family this guy is from. It has very dark green leaves, short, stocky growth. Looks very different from everything else.

adult upload image

picture hosting

The four after being transplanted.

picture hosting

One of the Cayenne , Seeds planted Jan 1. After being potted up into too large of containers, I had troubles with edema and a few minor hiccups but they look okay now.

gif hosting

The group.
The one way in the back in the solo cup has a habit of growing much taller and skinnier than the others. I am curious to see what it is someday. It was at the same height and location as all the others before I took the picture.

image hosting

Another shot of the cayennes

picture hosting

Hope everyone is having fun with their peppers this year!
These forums are absolutely great.

I'm no help with an ID from leaves but I must say those are a beautiful deep, dark healthy looking green. They are a tad short for almost five months old. When you potted them up was the cup full of roots? Best of luck to you.

Thanks Patrick.

The cayenne seeds were sown Jan 1.
I was using roots 707 media which has little in the way of nutrients. I also potted up to too large of a pot and had trouble keeping water levels correct. As others have stated I had fungus gnat problems too but mosquito dunks took care of that.

The others were sown the first week in March. Some took almost two weeks to sprout. They are all in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and I like that stuff better.

Yes the four I potted up had good roots but not compacted.

Your plants look very healthy. Your mystery pepper appears to be a chinense sp., but others can corroborate that. Beyond that, I couldn't even begin to guess.

im so jealous your plants shit all over mine.
they look so healthy and happy.
evry plant i grow i get major problems and have never had a plant look so green
ide be very pleased if i was u

Very nice plants. I've got to ask, do you wash and wax those leaves to get them so shiney? :rofl:
Like I said though, Very nice looking plants.

Back