• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Just got my first box in!

Got these from Slade Demon Pepperslayer Russell, can't say that I am not impressed :) Very nice selection, and they all look great. I have a lot to do tomorrow, so hanging around waiting to have a flame shoot out my butt is not an option, lol. I will be digging into these by Friday, and I will do a video. I have never eaten anything hotter than a Habanero. so this should be fun :)

DSC_0538_zps9873d6a2.jpg

Wow!  Nice selection! 

If I may offer a suggestion, take the chiles out the plastic bags.  Most vegetables need to breath.  Some of those in-expensive Veggie-Fresh produce bags really work for keeping chiles fresh.  I don't know if it makes a difference if the bags are vac-packed?     

Good luck on your Tastings!  with the varieties you have, looks like you're in for a lot of fun!  :)

I'm looking forward to the video.  The hottest I've been able to get my hands on locally are habs as well, so it should be fun when my box from bakers shows up.

Looks like a very nice box of peppers you got there.  I'll be waiting for the vid.

salsalady said:
Wow!  Nice selection! 

If I may offer a suggestion, take the chiles out the plastic bags.  Most vegetables need to breath.  Some of those in-expensive Veggie-Fresh produce bags really work for keeping chiles fresh.  I don't know if it makes a difference if the bags are vac-packed?     

Good luck on your Tastings!  with the varieties you have, looks like you're in for a lot of fun!  :)

MY biggest worry is that I wont know what is what if I do that, haha. I wanted to keep seeds from most of these. 

This is what he sent me, great mix!

Yellow butch t
Bhut indian carbon
Naga X Brainstrain
Tasmanian Hab
Cappucineo Hab
Giant White Hab
Infinity
Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Carolina Reaper
Bishops Cap
Majah X (Moruga and Bhut Jolokia Cross)
Red 7 Pot
Bengel Naga
White 7 pot

I tried this one that I got from Robert Slade Russel,  Majah X (Moruga and Bhut Jolokia Cross)
Intensley hot, at least for me...

Very nice selection...I haven't even tasted stuff that hot.
I'm waiting for a pacage in the mail from a friend
and that will be interesting.
Any luck with the video yet?

Back