• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just made a new set-up with my brother. What do you thinkk ?

Here's the picturees

It has a 150watt grow lamp

This is how it looks from the
Outsidee

004.jpg

This is how it looks from the
Inside

005.jpg

And maybe make sure the reflector is not touching the cardboard. Oh, and make sure your smoke detectors are working. You can never be too careful! Otherwise it should work OK.

Be careful with the light and cardboard. I am pretty sure that lamp will be WAYYY hotter than the CFL's I am using, and when I showed my makeshift grow chamber where it was a few lamps with those lights covered by packing blankets I was warned about the same thing. And those things are way less flammable then cardboard. Here is a link http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21011-please-critique-my-ghetto-grow-chamber/ Just be careful :)

And maybe make sure the reflector is not touching the cardboard. Oh, and make sure your smoke detectors are working. You can never be too careful! Otherwise it should work OK.

By reflector, do you mean aluminum? Should it really not touch the cardboard? cuhz I taped it on. LOL
should I fix that ? D:

Be careful with the light and cardboard. I am pretty sure that lamp will be WAYYY hotter than the CFL's I am using, and when I showed my makeshift grow chamber where it was a few lamps with those lights covered by packing blankets I was warned about the same thing. And those things are way less flammable then cardboard. Here is a link http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21011-please-critique-my-ghetto-grow-chamber/ Just be careful :)

haha niice duude. thats a legit setup xD.
& yours never did catch firee did it ?

I needa get a thermometerr, but how hot is too hot ?

ideal growing temp is about 70-80F. if u go higher. you might wilt all the plants in there. they might need frequent watering.! your setup looks enclosed, don't let the air get trapped in there as the heat would build up. you should have some ventilation vents with a small fan for circulation.!

By reflector, do you mean aluminum? Should it really not touch the cardboard? cuhz I taped it on. LOL
should I fix that ? D:
get a support across the top of the box and tie the lamp in the center without touching any of the cupboard walls and top cover. with 150 w lamp. ( is it sodium or MH lamp or CFL / halogen ?) halogen lamp produce lots of heat so be careful. also goes for sodium and mh lamps.

ideal growing temp is about 70-80F. if u go higher. you might wilt all the plants in there. they might need frequent watering.! your setup looks enclosed, don't let the air get trapped in there as the heat would build up. you should have some ventilation vents with a small fan for circulation.!

get a support across the top of the box and tie the lamp in the center without touching any of the cupboard walls and top cover. with 150 w lamp. ( is it sodium or MH lamp or CFL / halogen ?) halogen lamp produce lots of heat so be careful. also goes for sodium and mh lamps.

http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=3181
its that, but the 150 watt onee.

http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=3181
its that, but the 150 watt onee.
dude thats an incandescent lamp. lots of heat from it... from the companies recomendation the 150w lamp has to be 18 " away from the plant and has to be open aired!! if you have its in an inclosed areas the heat will raise!!.

SPECIAL NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS:

• This fixture should be mounted at a safe distance from plants to prevent
burning and provide adequate coverage.( See the illumination chart indicated
on the package)

• A timer (item# TM01015) will help make light cycles automatic

dude thats an incandescent lamp. lots of heat from it... from the companies recomendation the 150w lamp has to be 18 " away from the plant and has to be open aired!! if you have its in an inclosed areas the heat will raise!!.

SPECIAL NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS:

• This fixture should be mounted at a safe distance from plants to prevent
burning and provide adequate coverage.( See the illumination chart indicated
on the package)

• A timer (item# TM01015) will help make light cycles automatic

how do you use that timeerr?

Back