• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Just noticed something

I know I was gone from the board for a lil over a year. I just noticed that Tina Brooks isn't here anymore and it says by her name "deactivated" Just wondering what happened? I enjoyed talking to her and she had some great advice...

Tina is the wife of the board owner and was the last person to get political.......

She stopped a couple of political discussions.

Political discussions on a chile board really are silly and counterproductive.

willard3 said:
Tina is the wife of the board owner
What??!! LOL.... where did you hear that!

She left on her own accord.

I got a PM that told me what happened last night, sad to see that happen. Both her and her husband offered alot of good advice and good conversation.

THP: Congratulations! I didn't know you married tina! That's fantastic!

Ps. your myspace picture is far more sensible now than the "skyscraper" size one you had :rolleyes:

Anyone heard from The Goonie recently, btw? He seems to have vanished.

Shooty* said:
THP: Congratulations! I didn't know you married tina! That's fantastic!

Ps. your myspace picture is far more sensible now than the "skyscraper" size one you had :rolleyes:

Anyone heard from The Goonie recently, btw? He seems to have vanished.

Thanks! LOL.. and yeah, the skyscraper can annoy some people :)

Dyce51 said:
I got a PM that told me what happened last night, sad to see that happen. Both her and her husband offered alot of good advice and good conversation.

Not sure what the PM said but the thread still exists where she asked for her account to be deleted because this site was a Republican stronghold (according to her).

If that's true, then where is PJ O'Rourke?

remind me: Are the republicans the right wing party, or the right wing party?

Hmmm... that don't help much, does it? Are they the ones that believe in democracy? Nope, that don't narrow it down either.

OK... if this was Star Wars, are they the old republic, the empire or the rebellion?

(forgive me: we have "right" and "left" over here, and that's about the long and short of it. Except the left is now really more right than the right. We have a centre too, but they're just really comic relief)

p.s. congrats on 1000th post. And, seriously, are you REALLY married to Tina?

Republican, right wing. Democrat, left wing.

Ummm... no! LOL Who started this!

I'd been wondering.:) I vote for people, not party's, if you know what I mean. Can't believe she tired of us.:) I liked her posts.

tinner666 said:
I'd been wondering.:) I vote for people, not party's, if you know what I mean. Can't believe she tired of us.:) I liked her posts.
Its not that she tired of us, it's that she kept talking politics and finally when someone deleted her on of her threads on it, she got all huffy and said that there was a double standard going on and that we were a "republican stronghold" and asked to have her member ship deleted.

How many posts did she have? Have I exceded her post count yet?

Back