Just Ordered Something

I just ordered me a 4'x2'x5' grow tent !!!

I am going to start off with just Fluorescent tubes and see how that goes.

Will likely buy one more light fixture since the store only had one two tube in stock.

So in the tent I will have four 4' tubes, two  4100's and two 3000's to finish off these current plants.

I think I may grab some 6500's for my next grow since they will be started from seeds, get them going good then switch to the 3&4k's

Will likely add a drip system too and depending on humidity and temperature inside fans/heaters....

Am excited....

Score!!  This is my first year with a tent.  It's a new animal to control.  

Tents like to seal in humidity.  Warm stagnant humid air is a breeding ground for trouble.  I'd suggest an inline exhaust fan and an internal fan to keep fresh air moving over your plants.    

I'm seriously considering a grow tent for my closet, but I'm thinking of making my own because of an oddly sloop pedal ceiling

juanitos said:
cool. hps would be easier but flouros are fine.
I have my eye on a 1000W ballast in an auction that may go pretty cheap, its switchable hps/mh :)
NeedsWork said:
Score!!  This is my first year with a tent.  It's a new animal to control.  

Tents like to seal in humidity.  Warm stagnant humid air is a breeding ground for trouble.  I'd suggest an inline exhaust fan and an internal fan to keep fresh air moving over your plants.    
Yeah humidity might be an issue, will be testing things out carefully, p.s. for the tent, four bulbs and the light fixture so far I am only out of pocket $70 :D

I am curious: Why a tent?  I understand wanting to reflect light, but not sure what other benefits they have.  That and I really like seeing plants in the home. 

I have a 4'×4'×6' grow tent and it's great for getting that Dec/Jan germinating head start for the slow growing varieties. I also like that it's a relatively closed system so it's easier to control the temp, humidity, light cycle and wind cycles.

Once the plants are able to go outside the tent becomes an unused space until the late fall whereupon I put the special plants back inside to over-winter. At least that's my plan for this year.

ajdrew said:
I am curious: Why a tent?  I understand wanting to reflect light, but not sure what other benefits they have.  That and I really like seeing plants in the home. 
We dont have many places to put plants, window sills are narrow and no where else would we be able to grow with adequate lighting to have them actually produce peppers. With the tent, they can be in their own little world and live happily while I rip their little arms off and eat their babies... :hell:

juanitos said:
lol your tent is small don't need 1000w
I know, but because it's a 1kw ballast I dont have to use a 1kw bulb do I?

Got my answer all ready....Darn it.... Found a 1000w switchable ballast local for $50 too....

Back