• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Just Started an Indoor Growing Tent

I recently developed a big interest into growing peppers. I am first starting out in a small grow tent that is about 30" x 18" x 36" with a 125w CFL bulb.
Couple days ago, I bought a bhut jalokia plant from a local nursery and I really want to convert this soil plant to a hydroponic setup as I have bought all the necessary hydroponic nutrients and supporting media.

What I am worried about is trying to fit the roots into the net cup. Have any of you guys done a soil to hydroponic transplant? Did it go well for you? The tube that it is going to be in transplanted in will be a 96oz container.

I also topped the plants and saved several of the branches I topped to try to propagate them since the pepper was too tall for my grow tent.

Here is the tent:

Vt12h67.jpg

Here is the cuttings:
DiYivzW.jpg

This is the Bhut Jalokia I want to transplant into a hydroponic setup:

nt9w6HO.jpg

Just wash off the roots, and gently wash them into the hydroton in a rooting cup.  This works well if you submerge everything, so that it moves nice and freely.  The original soil roots will eventually die off, anyway.  Truth be told you can really just about trim most of them off. 

You didn't have to invest in a tent for peppers, but I guess it will help with bugs. :)

Back