Just to clarify.....

I've had a lot of customers ask me when we are going to get the new website and new labels up and running. To answer that question, I haven't got the foggiest! Our website doesn't really work and our labels are as simplistic as they come. Here is a little bit of insight into these issues:

1) Our shopping cart on http://www.redhawkpeppers.com does not work (and never has). The reason for this is the issues with coding the shipping options. I can ship two bottles anywhere in the U.S. for $5.15. As soon as we add on of our 9 oz. jars for mustard, relish or pepper jams, we can no longer fit it into a small flat rate box. Here's is my thinking, I would rather save my customers money on shipping and customize every order for the optimal shipping method. Call me a nice guy or whatever you'd like. I'd rather have people spending money on product than shipping. . .

2) Our labels.....yes our labels. A certain sauce reviewer here on THP (not naming any names. . . . . *cough* JayT)  keeps reminding me that my label artwork is a bit lacking. Here's the deal with that, I'm a forester by training and not a graphics designer. I've briefly worked with several artists on some new designs and nothing has really tickled my pickle. I've had a lot of sauces (...again not naming any names) with very cool artwork that tasted like I wiped a warthog's butt with a rancid habanero. My theory is, I'll let what's in my bottles speak for itself. . .

Overall, I'm very pleased with the way my business has been going and I couldn't ask for a better customer / fan base. It is through the support of goofball chileheads like those here and on other pepper forums that has made my success possible. I can promise you this, my website may not work and my labels may look like my little boy drew them, but I will keep making some awesome fiery goodies . . .always!!!

Thank you all for your support!

Dan Lowenstein, owner
RED HAWK PREMIUM PEPPERS
www.redhawkpeppers.com
www.facebook.com/RedHawkPremiumPeppers
314599_280693351972792_746749745_n.jpg

Dan,

I'm not sure if you are trying to code the shopping cart/shipping yourself, but if you are, you may want to look at OpenCart (http://www.opencart.com/).  They are open source (free) and have integrated shopping carts.  Cajohns uses OpenCart.  It would be infinitely cheaper than the ecommerce sites like Shopify, BigCommerce and GoDaddy and you could custiomize it to your desire. It would be much easier to code than from scratch.

Ken

Hey, Amigo,
I have Adobe Contribute for website design and use about 2% of it's capacity.  It works, integrates with PayPal, I can add BuyButtons as needed...(not that customers actually use the correct button and click the International button....but 95% of the time they get the right button....)

Change prices, have multiple options....

Your labels are FINE!  Your sauces do speak for themselves, but not having a working website can hurt your business or customer satisfaction feelings.  Getting it working will simplify things for you and your customers that do order online. 

I have challenges with keeping up on mine, and I don't keep up on pictures and all that.  I know I'm supposed to offer Specials, linkn to every social website that pops it's head up and all that...but we have to prioritize, don't we?  Prices are current, shipping (usually) adds as required...   

There are other mostly-free website development sites, also.    

I never could get my shipping module to work correctly, so I just built shipping into my product prices and say shipping is free! Keep making and selling great sauces and jellies. I don't care if the website works or how the labels look. It is what is in the woozies and jars that matters!

Midwest, I hear you on the shipping headache!   I just put multiple bottles into a MFRB.  The small Pure Evils have shipping included and have a separate Buy Button.   

Well, Mrs. Redtail has already developed our new site but we have been a bit gun shy making it active until we get the shipping headaches figured out. The new site is a truly dynamic website with pretty pictures, recipes, the whole kit-and-kaboodle!

Back