• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just tried my first Red Savina

...near the business end of the pepper...and it destroyed me. This is by far the most evil thing I've had. Its pretty much right up there for hurt to the 7pod Jonahs that I was growing with a small difference. The heat was instant and went away a bit faster but while it was burning, it was just as bad as any burn I've had from any other superhot or worst. Very very stingy and chemical burn feeling.

It felt easily twice as bad as a chocolate hab. Are they really supposed to be this hot? I think it was on par with the Dorset Naga I've been growing last year and this year.

...near the business end of the pepper...and it destroyed me. This is by far the most evil thing I've had. Its pretty much right up there for hurt to the 7pod Jonahs that I was growing with a small difference. The heat was instant and went away a bit faster but while it was burning, it was just as bad as any burn I've had from any other superhot or worst. Very very stingy and chemical burn feeling.

It felt easily twice as bad as a chocolate hab. Are they really supposed to be this hot? I think it was on par with the Dorset Naga I've been growing last year and this year.

Savina's...sure their hot, especially when your eating them raw on their own..."chemical burn"...?...maybe, IMO , I never thought they had the best "hab" flavor, but when ther're combined with "Caribbean Reds and Congo Trinidads" they help make a hell of a sauce!

please try a piece
from the naga under similar circumstances:
from "near the business end" and see how much
destruction it will provide in comparison

i think on different days, different peppers taste and 'feel' changes
the environmentals may be a strong control of heat level
(like when the pepper was last watered and how hot was it the last few weeks and days)

i had a fatalii and little naga morich both light me up pretty good this past week

please try again and report back
:woohoo:

p.s. we love pictures

I finally had a taste from a ghost pepper off one of my plants in the garden. It was just a small little slice. WOW!!!!!!! It was crazy hot!

That's not the result I'm finding in respects to Savannah vs. Jonah 7's. I find that my Jonah 7's are much hotter than the Savannah and that my Congo Blacks are right there with the Savannah. I'll also take the flavor of the Caribbean Reds any day over the Savannah. I may not even grow them again next season and op for more 7's instead.

That's not the result I'm finding in respects to Savannah vs. Jonah 7's. I find that my Jonah 7's are much hotter than the Savannah and that my Congo Blacks are right there with the Savannah. I'll also take the flavor of the Caribbean Reds any day over the Savannah. I may not even grow them again next season and op for more 7's instead.
In my opinion the Caribbean reds are the best tasting pepper out there as far as flavor goes. I wouldn't mind a bit more heat out of them but the flavor is great.

I really enjoy the Caribbean Red Hab flavor.
A Fatalii has a good citrus flavor and great heat. Although I will always have a spot in my list for Chocolate Habs

I had a piece from the business end of a Naga Morich just the other day. It was very hot, but somehow the heat didnt 'hurt' as badly as this thing. Maybe its me but I find the fire out of Bhut and other ghost peppers to be more tolerable. While you burn real bad, its somehow not torturing.

This Red Savina had the same quick hit that a scorpion would have. It was instant and there was so much oil inside of it. Maybe it was an extra hot one. While I know its not as hot as a scorpion because it didnt wreck my insides so much, it hurt like hell in my mouth. LOL.

BTW I also find Bonda Ma Jacques to be killer hot for me. The way they burn is just evil. They target a specific place in the upper rear part of the mouth/throat and just scorch it off. Evil.

please try a piece
from the naga under similar circumstances:
from "near the business end" and see how much
destruction it will provide in comparison

i think on different days, different peppers taste and 'feel' changes
the environmentals may be a strong control of heat level
(like when the pepper was last watered and how hot was it the last few weeks and days)

i had a fatalii and little naga morich both light me up pretty good this past week

please try again and report back
:woohoo:

p.s. we love pictures

C'mon ya'll. Eating chiles is serious 'bidness. Ya'll need to at the minimum post pics or a vid. Don't just talk about it, LIVE IT! Post it and we will love you looooooooong time.

C'mon ya'll. Eating chiles is serious 'bidness. Ya'll need to at the minimum post pics or a vid. Don't just talk about it, LIVE IT! Post it and we will love you looooooooong time.

I only grow and cook with them…I’m not rough and tough like you.

Frail and weak, but I can grow nasty superhots!!

I only grow and cook with them…I’m not rough and tough like you.

Frail and weak, but I can grow nasty superhots!!

I cook with all my chilis

The thai chilis are some the best tasting for cooking
I had to order some new plants.

they sent me like 8-9

i think 4 or 5 will make it

n they sent replacements since the ones I recieved had been damaged in shipping.

I had accidently came upon a Thai dragon hybrid from seeds I attained last year when the parent plant died.

The new
The plant didnt live long but it did flower.

They were cresent moon type chilis

but what ever the parent plant was, they were hot as hell!

I did plant those seeds

so hoepfully I can grow this type of new cresent moon chili.

small dynamite.

Back