• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Kato's Amatuer fiery food contest

In the past Kato's has sponsered a non commercial hot sauce contest. We've given out prizes and a awesome trophy for the overall winner.
What I would like to check is how many folks would be intersted in this. If we get enough we would like to do it again and if any producers are interested in helping out with prizes.

Mick
Kato's

Hey Mick, does it apply to the rogues too?

I would be interested in participating again, and could come up with some sort of a prize to donate too.
What kinda date you looking at?
Marv

Marv

Of course it applies to the rogues.
Was going to e-mail you to see if you could share it with all those folks.

We are just now exploring this so I will just say in the near future.
Would like to have you in again Marv. Should of saved coco loco

Mick
Kato's

I guess I should of said for everyone interested send an e-mail stating if your interested with hot sauce contest in subject line.

We'll get a count before we announce the date. We would like to have 20 entries plus to make it worth while. We have 5 entries all ready from the MSN pepper forum so lets get the hot pepper forum represented

All samples will be sent to Kato's properly packaged anything that is not well sealed and safe will be dropped.

More info to come

Good luck to all

Mick
Kato's

Creator

Tell wife she can enter but be warned there are folks who take this contest very serious.
The past winner ( TexasBill) went onto manufacture his entry.

We would like to know if you would be intersted in providing a prize?

Mick
Kato's

Kato - Let me know if the HSB can help in anyway with the promotion or perhaps an online voting system of sorts. Just some thoughts

I think Nick's idea of the online voting would be quite interesting. Instead of just receiving awards, all the entrants can see exactly how they placed. That's one thing that intrigued me about the Scovie voting, how did everyone actually do with the judges vote. This would kind of make it like an Iron Chef tally at the end of the show. I like it.

Nick,

Thanks I'll have more info as things progress. I'm not sure how the online voting would work.

In the past all the entries were sent to Kato's.
And us and some other producers got together and judged them not sure online voting could work unless everyone got a sample afraid that would cost everyone to much but am open to all ideas

Like to hear everyone's opinion

Mick
Kato's

Kato - Yeah, I think we could do something based on the visuals - such as labels - that would be easy enough online. I could also set up a judges only section that could be used to tally the votes that your judges place, which when finalized could be made public. Just a thought

sweatnspice said:
Kato - Yeah, I think we could do something based on the visuals - such as labels - that would be easy enough online. I could also set up a judges only section that could be used to tally the votes that your judges place, which when finalized could be made public. Just a thought

I'd love to enter. It would have to be strictly on an amateur basis, though. I have my hands full with school, and a win wouldn't deter me from my goal. I just like to cook.

Josh

Josh,

Drop me an e-mail with hot sauce contest in the subject line and we'll make sure to add you and it's just for amatuers the more the better.

Mick
Kato's

Back