• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Kato's Amatuer fiery food contest

We just got a look at this years trophy Awesome!
An acrylic chile laser engraved with overall winner Kato's Amateur Fiery Food contest 2006.

Also with thanks to MSK this year we'll have a People's choice award going to the Galleries choice for best tasting product and Ribbons for Hottest, Most unusual Product, Best label.

So this years contest will be the biggest and hopefully the best.

Good luck to everyone and remember entries to Kato's by 4-15-06
mick
Kato's

The first of the entries are starting to arrive.
With the looks of these first arrivals this years contest looks to be a good one.

You have til the 15th to get your entries into us.

Good luck to all
Mick
Kato's

Results of Kato's Amateur HotSauce Contest

The Results are in!

The overall winner for Kato's 2nd Amateur Hot Sauce Contest and Fiery Food concoctions

is drum roll please....

Black Berry Chipotle Wing Sauce by The Chile Farmer. will receive the trophy.

1st Place in the Hot Sauce Category goes to

Red Roasted Gar-Banero Hot Sauce. By G. Cameron of Washington D.C.

2nd Place Hot Sauce goes to

Hotter Hot Sauce by John Grabiec.

3rd Place Hot Sauce goes to

Eddie's Hot Sauce by Eddie Kelley

2nd Place in Wing Sauce

Dark Wing Sauce by Suck Creek Wings

3rd Place Wing Sauce

Mango Habanero Wing Sauce by The Chile Farmer

Most Popular Peoples Choice award goes to

Habadatilberry Jelly by Elaine Michels

Honorable Mention goes to the following:

Grind So Fine Dry Spice by Beth Boyd

Must Have Mango Hot Sauce by G. Cameron

Serra Tillo Hot Sauce by G. Cameron

Yankee Rebel Hot Sauce by Marv Lattin

CoCo Loco by Marv Lattin

Mango Hot Sauce by John Grabiec

Congratulations to all that have entered. You all deserve recognition on your creations. Those of you that have placed will be receiving an award and a certificate. The rest of you will be receiving a little something something for entering our contest.

We ended up with 7 judges. Three from Tastebud Sauces, Charlene from Dixie Datil products, Bob from a World of Hot, Rusty from Rusty's Hot Sauces and Mick from Kato's.

The judging starting at 1pm and ended around 4:30. There were 25 entrys all together and there were many beverages consumed and we even had entertainment. A gentlemen on his guartar played for us. Not as many spectators as we would have liked, but those who were there all had a great time. If you would like to see where your entry scored please send us an email and I will email you the final score tally in an excel document. We also have some pictures of our event going up in Kato's gallery. They should be up by Wednesday.

Rita & Mick

Kato's

congrats to all the winners.

Next year I hope you can run the contest towards the end of summer so I could use the peppers I grow here in PA.

Wow, 1st place, I'm honored. :shock: I wish I could have had the time to go down there, sounds like a blast. I hope it's a sign of good things to come. Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks Rita & Mick for all your efforts running the contest.

Innocent until proven spicy... :idea:

ChefEx said:
Wow, 1st place, I'm honored. :shock: I wish I could have had the time to go down there, sounds like a blast. I hope it's a sign of good things to come. Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks Rita & Mick for all your efforts running the contest.

Innocent until proven spicy... :idea:

Good Job ChefEx. You beat me :D

ChefEx said:
There's no beating, we're all winners. I'd like to try yours if you got some to spare, let's trade.

True. I'd love to swap sauce. Making a fresh batch this week. I'll PM you tonight.

Back