• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Kato's Island Sauce

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauce Reviewed: Kato's Island Sauce
Member: Kato
By: TheHotPepper.com

Ingredients: Habanero and cayenne peppers, mangoes, mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, spices

Another great, and very different sauce. This is a mustard sauce and it reminds me of the marinade my father used to make for London broil. Smells just like it. But when you taste it, you'll quickly learn that this is no tame marinade, it's a kicked up sauce! It's called an island sauce, but to me, it has a Middle Eastern flavor. There must be some cumin in here. I tried this on a few things, and it was best atop a salmon burger. Wow! I was using wasabi mustard before, but this adds a whole new level of flavors. A grilled salmon burger, some fresh mesclun greens, and Kato's Island Sauce on a fresh bun. Adds a good amount of heat and lots of different tongue-tingling flavors.

TheHotPepper.com

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 121
Howdy all,

I'm very late with this comment but since I'm kind of new here I'm sure I'll be forgiven.

To put it simply, I really like this sauce a lot. While I don't mind mustard, I really don't think mustard haters will notice it much what with the good flavor and all. I think this is mostly because the great flavor the mango manages to add.

It's usually a tough choice for me to make between the Island Sauce and the Meaner Greener Sauce. (which is incredibly good as well)

kuz

I fell bad for you mullet-man...its good stuff. My guess is you don't like the tumeric that is added for color, natural mustard isn't neon yellow.

I agree don't like mustard! Mustard is one of my all time favorite condiments , I really like the stone ground mustards. Having watched my fish win again today we consumed a lot of mustard (spicy brown) on brats and dogs in celebration.

Mick
Kato's

kato said:
Having watched my fish win again today we consumed a lot of mustard (spicy brown)
Either I've had way to many margaritas or that didn't make sense....................(oops too many periods, sorry folks.) :lol:

fish = Miami Dolphins, and their back-up QB :mouthonfire:

Sorry Kato, but I just love how Miami passed on Brees and traded for Culpepper. I've watched a lot of Vikes games with my friend who is a Vikes fan the past three years, and speaking stricktly as a former football coach; Culpepper is terrible, to put it nicely. If you give him multiple 6'5" talented receivers, he can throw a nice jump ball, but other than that he is the most un-clutch player in the league.

To get back on track...Island Sauce Rocks! It is great in curries.

Well what can I say the dolphins have been my team for over 30 years. Alot of pain over the years As for Culpepper vs Brees I agree we picked the wrong one.
Harrington has done ok as long as he's not the reason when we lose I can live with him.

Enough of football

Thanks for the support of our island sauce. It does work great as a slightly fiery curry on it's own. Or mix a little with some sour cream/yogurt to make a killer moroccan style dish.

Mick
Kato's

I just tried some island sauce on Mr.noodle instead of the msg pack and it was great. Also had some on my grilled-cheese and also great. This sauce is really unique and really awesome. Just have to find a real meal to try it on now.

Back