• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kelp spray mix

The way this states,I would use 1 cup kelp to 10 cups water.To much ya think?I got to get to work I will chime in later.
DSCF9539.jpg

DSCF9547.jpg

that looks heavy, but is probably fine... try to spray the undersides of the leaves, as that's where the stomata are that can take in the nutrients. 

I'm no expert on foliar spray, as I rarely feel the need, but I was wondering... Do you think the black spots on your leaves are due to an excess of spray build up? Or, is it something else like black spot disease, or even genetically supposed to look like that (doubt it, just covering all bases - never seen a leopard print pepper plant!.. not yet at least)? What kind of lighting is this under?

Just curious, because if those leaves are supposed to be solid green, you may be saturating them a little heavy when foliar spraying. When I do use foliar, I just BARELY sprinkle/mist the leaves (kinda how you foliar spray orchids). I grow under HPS and some outdoors, so the light intensity can burn leaves if the drops get too big. I don't really think that happened to your leaves, but the dark spots seem like a build up of kelp matter. Maybe even a fungal result of the excess nutrients.

I don't think the mixing proportions are bad, I think that it may be possible that you are spraying too much on them. Maybe the spray isn't drying off fast enough and causing fungal growth in that way...

Just thinking out loud - kinda. Best of luck!

PS: I usually only foliar spray when plants are sick (light epson, h2o2, and superthrive mix - never superthrive while the plant is fruiting). Or, if I notice something like a Nitrogen deficiency, I might through some kelp concentrate in some water and spray. But I find foliar spray to be above and beyond in most cases. Which I think is great, but for myself, I only do it when I feel need to. I mean, how much more are you really trying to squeeze from a pepper plant. I don't even foliar with my cannabis, and we push those to their absolute maximum :) -Again, not against it, just chose not to do it much myself. And of course spraying for bugs (neem, etc) is not included in my thinking above, that's a whole separate story.

It was the spay that caused the spots.And a slight problem with a soil mix was holding to much water causing the sickly yellow look.They have been transplanted into a better mix.
  Thanks guys

Back