• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Killer Bees

Happy Sunday ya'll! Now dig this...yeswterday I am out in the swimming pool out back trying to cool off from the 100 degree heat here in Las Vegas. As often happens a bug will fall in. Ladybugs and bees all get rescued for obvious reasons and all others get to go the way of the white buffalo. Well so.... a kamikaze bee ends up in the water next to me and I reach down and scoop him up out. He's half drowned but as I pick him up, within a nanosecond he manages to take a poisin poop right on my right hand pinky finger next to the nail. "WTF? you little bastard!!!" I fling him off minus stinger which I remove from my finger. I don't think too much of it since as I kid I must have been stung at least a hundred times with no reaction or problems. Sometime last night while asleep I must have entered the rubicon through some grand wombat bee portal. I wake up this a.m. and not only is my hand and fingers swollen, but it goes all the way up my arm and shoulder. No pain. Just bloated up like a fat kid at a cake eating contest. So I google bees in Las Vegas and it turns out here that the Africans have taken over and chances are overwhelming that I was stung by a Killer Bee. Turns out a few years back a rottweiler in his own yard and even a tethered horse were assassinated by these little pricks. (pun intended) Anyone else experience these bastards?

"I'm a king bee..I buzz all night long"
"When you hear me buzzin', some stingin's goin on!!"
"I do my best buzzin', when your man not at home." Muddy Waters

damn that sucks. dont mow near them, they will kill you.

i dont ever mess with honeybees, and i would have let him drown, i hate all things that sting - i always slaughter any wasp, hornet, or yellow jacket that i see, but i usually leave bumble bees and honey bees alone. however if they start turning into the africianized ones around here, ill be on a new killing spree. i hate the summer time for that very reason.

sorry to hear about your little mishap, get well soon & hope you learned a lesson "dont mess with bee's!" just kill'em :lol:
granted the african killer bee & a japanese bee (name? I think its orange in color?) are the ones you dont want to even be near, I saw on discovery those jap. bee's will hunt you down when you within a certain distance of their mound/hive & could kill you.
we have metallic blue hornets (somewhat rare) in MN w/ 1" stingers, kinda cool seeing them but you get some distance from them fast :P

Thanks ya'll but I am fine. Might not have been that way had there been an actual swarm rather than a single bee. Luckily I have rock landscaping and no lawn so don't have to worry about rousting any little terrorists out of hidden club houses in the grass where they hang out, play cards and sharpen their knives.

Pam...no what I meant was I let those ones drown and go extinct like the dinosaur. However now any bees that I come in contact with in the pool area I now will have to destroy. I am now declaring Jihad on the little yellow and brown flying infidels. They can die or go back to Dirkastan. Dirka Dirk Dirka.

Ya, we have them out here in LA sometimes. We don't sare step on a bee to kill it because if it is an African it leaves a smell on you and the rest of the hive will chase you down because they know you did it.

IGG ...yep they splooge out a money shot of pheremones when stinging that does just that. Any other flying wombats around smell it too and then the wrath of God ensues and they have a gangbanger free forall on the defenseless victim. Supposedley it smells like banana's too. Wonder if there are any ninja toys out there that can repel them other than resorting to laying waste to the entire area with an M1A-7 Flamethrower.

texas blues said:
Wonder if there are any ninja toys out there that can repel them other than resorting to laying waste to the entire area with an M1A-7 Flamethrower.

I was thinking of trying out short range low-yield tactical nukes but i think the collateral damage might be a bit too much.

Sickmont said:
I was thinking of trying out short range low-yield tactical nukes but i think the collateral damage might be a bit too much.

Great you'll invent some new form of green glowing killer bees from the radiation...or the radiation could alter them to giant bees...lol

Those killer bees are nuthin to mess with. they are aggresive and will hunt you once you get that toxic spooge they release on ya!!!lol

Glad to hear you're alright though!!!

Back