• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KillerDuck03 2016

Hi All. I created my account here last fall when I was collecting ideas for what to grow this year after catching the hot pepper addiction and this is my first grow log. I live in the Portland, Oregon area and have gardened most of my life. Last year I had jalapeno, habanero, poblano, ghost pepper, green/yellow/red bells and tomatoes grown from nursery/Home Depot starts. The peppers did amazing in the relatively hot summer we had. I've never had much luck starting much from seed but I practiced with some seeds from a bell pepper and think I have it down. Wish me luck!

Peppers (I'm probably forgetting some):

7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Burgandy
7 Pot Primo
Aji Dulce
Aji Fantasy
Aji Lemon Drop
Aleppo
BOC
Brazilian Starfish
Butch-T
Carolina Reaper
Datil
Fatalii
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Mako Akokosarade
Paper Lantern Habanero
Red Savina Habanero
SBx7J
Scotch Bonnet
Trinidad Scorpion
Wonder Bell

Tomatoes:

Brandywine Tomato
Beaverlodge Tomato

February 2nd (Heating mat, 10 oz deli containers, wet paper towels, covered with a bath towel)

2bCgPzB.jpg

February 10th (These are tomatoes but the only picture I have of sprouts in the containers)

LE8aeCA.jpg

February 15th (one "grow light" I bought last year at home depot, don't know the specs, three Sun Blaze 21 w/ reflectors, plastic cups, Black Gold seedling mix)

Q1Q4RxL.jpg

T9SMGUh.jpg

February 19th (Re-emergence)

KQk544I.jpg

February 24th (Reaper <3)

n9QOdD0.jpg

February 29th (Growing so fast)

raAO2Ua.jpg

544ymgh.jpg

End of March/Beginning of May:

Moved everything to the garage under a backlight from a 55" LCD TV I got from work. It worked surprisingly well, was super bright and had a hint of blue in the light which I've read is good for the growth phase.

wI5qGMu.jpg

VXXPjOK.jpg

Back