• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

Cool deal on the manzanos!

Lots of neat things you got growing there--- and the peppers too. All those fruit trees- how cool is that?

Can't wait for things to take off. Thanks for dropping by.

Wow, everything is looking wonderful!!!

Lets hope it stays this way. Glad tat you got the manzanos. Man. Do you have a pic of the plants that got a PO trim

Everything's looking great!

Sweet Cherries need a companion, the tart varieties are supposed to be self pollinating.

I tried to grow cherries here and didn't have any luck, the drought didn't help...they became kindling...

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll be chopping it down soon. Now can I dry it and use it to smoke my peppers "cherry" smoked wood?! Is that the same ?

Looking great Denniz.

Thanks pia. And I did get the seeds thanks. Here's to hoping my plants start podding since I started them in November !!

Your plants look huge already. You've taken container gardening to the next level! Sucks about your cherry tree. I've heard sweet cherries won't bloom if the winter is too warm or cold, or if they start to bud and then freeze. They're pretty finicky compared to sour or blossom cherries. Hope you get fruit next year. The rest of your garden/orchard looks badass!

Well if it needs a companion it will be chopped this week!! Thanks for dropping by and here's to a start of a warm trend.

Looking great. That's a lot of plants. Some of them are getting really huge.

How many are you going to put in ground vs keep in containers?

As far as what goes in ground will be maybe 50 or so. Depends on how many will fit. The rest will go into pots. With me growing at different times. I'm hoping l get pods til January weather permitting

Your not kidding a plantation man! Holy jeez. So many healthy looking plants. I see you been topping too. The cherry tree might not be able to self pollinate. Might need a companion tree like you said. Don't know much about em but I know a lot of apple trees are that way. Keep up the monster garden Denniz, things are gonna be loaded down with pods bro!

I hope I get to swim in pods this year and have limited pest problems. Compared to others mine is a small plot. I've seen 3/5. And desertchris. They have a full size acre perhaps.

You weren't joking man. It looks like you are coverd on all fronts! Fruit, peppers, tomatoes, and plenty of pictures to show for it!

Gonna be a great season for you man.

Pictures are worth 1000 words. But I'd like ten thousand pods :). Hoping for it to be a good season.

Love the fruit tree shots! Your pepper plants look beautiful too btw.

I've heard cherry trees are fairly picky and get sick easily. I have not grown them myself though. It seems like it should flower if healthy - the need for pollinator would only affect the fruit, right?

Some are coming to life with pods. Some looking so so. Here's to a great season pastor Andy. Hope I can send you some pods and make some of that pastor Andy sauce !!

Looking great, King! Awesome to see the baby mantis...hoping for many more for ya. Nice score on the Manzanos, and the OW in the 15 gal looks awesome. You have lots of plants and they all look very healthy. Great varieties, too! You are going to be doing the backstroke in pods, my friend. Very nice! Keep it up at KD Plantation!

Ya I was surprised to see the manzanos. I went there for some bhuts for a friend. (Didn't grow any red ones ). And didn't find any. As for the OW. They are starting to set. Now for the long part if having them grow and ripen. !! Here's to pods. Cheers!!

Here are all 5 plants potted back up :) Thanks again!!
IMAG1713_zps2ecf07a0.jpg

And the two tops that will.hopefully take root :)
IMAG1717_zpsa433dbd8.jpg

and the two.plants that were "topped" by the post office.
IMAG1716_zps7a591fbd.jpg

And since my gal fed me mac and cheese for dinner, I figured I would celebrate manzano plants by chopping up half a manzano pepper and adding it to my dinner...lol
IMAG1715_zps418a6b80.jpg

Oh.... I forgot to ask.... are the four manzano plants orange ones? I'm trying to keep things labeled the best I can, especially with so many varieties to keep track of.

Oh, almost forgot.... I wish I was using a whole acre of space for gardening...although there is more than a whole acre out in the far back that is completely unused.... I think I am at about 6,000 square feet of densely planted garden space for this year (about 1/7 of an acre), in 4 areas, and then a pretty big back porch that will be full of potted stuff too.

Perhaps next year I could run water out to that unused area, and plant a few thousand peppers like sardines....lol

Great vid bro! Cant believe you just ate the stinger though. Lol. Try a sliver near the stem for the true burn. I shouldn't talk though, supers tear me up too. Great score on those pods from CR? Those are the best phenos out there. I can't wait to grow those out.

Great vid bro! Cant believe you just ate the stinger though. Lol. Try a sliver near the stem for the true burn. I shouldn't talk though, supers tear me up too. Great score on those pods from CR? Those are the best phenos out there. I can't wait to grow those out.

It was a taste test. :). Didn't want to die before picking up my daughter. Tonight I dare eat the 1/2. Plus I was hungry. And had empty stomach !!

Someone's gonna be awfully busy pickin' this summer.
biggrinpimp.gif

I hope so.

I am with DSH...I didn't like that post because you went for the mildest part of the pepper...heck I could hardly see it! :rofl:

Haha...good job man, ain't no part of these peppers that won't put a hurt on ya...don't do anything you're not ready for! I lost my sense of taste for almost 4 days after my Infinity review last year.

Nice Video ... I fully respect the caution of supers ,... by themselves they can be some nasty customers. Mixed with food they seem a comparatively completely domesticated beast !!

Do what you do KD! You've got so much going on it's ridic! Stingers are the meanest looking part, so I counts....lol

Your trip looks like a blast; beautiful and peaceful.

Nice vid Denniz - it's very easy to suggest eating more when you are on our side of it, but when you're the one actually paying the price it's a different story. With that being said, you did handle that piece pretty well, and there will be a time you won't have to pick up your daughter from school, so we're waiting....

Unlike the pic of the Caterpillar in the Gochu... was it a Tomato Hornworm? I haven't seen those here, but I'll be looking for 'em now...

Geez, you've been a busy guy! Stay crazy D!

Back