• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Kitchen Nightmares - Pookie gets a new kitchen

The Hot Pepper said:
I could take up a wall but I also do a lot of giveaways so try to keep my personal stash slimmer! That kind of stock can be in the upper chambers etc... ;)

Let me know when you have some room to fill.  :P

I have to experiment because I think it's messing up oven temps when cooking other stuff.

Let's say you have an electric oven, the steel is on the oven floor (the element is below the floor)... do you think that steel would rob the chamber of heat? I didn't think so I thought it would even help... but some baking has proven otherwise...

I want to keep my steel in my oven. I've moved it to a rack. The Baking Steel company says keeping in oven at all times is fine, but will reduce cooking times... I experienced the opposite. Perhaps the placement of it on the floor meant it absorbed all that heat, I dunno.

I leave many cast iron pans in my oven.  I've found the cooking time is increased and I need to adjust the oven temp up a bit.  Also, I let the oven heat up for an hour before baking/cooking.  It takes time to get that iron hot.  Once it is hot, it evens out the oven temps a bit and I think I get more consisting baking/cooking.  Did the same thing when I left a pizza stone in the oven all the time.  YMMV.

The Hot Pepper said:
I have to experiment because I think it's messing up oven temps when cooking other stuff.

Let's say you have an electric oven, the steel is on the oven floor (the element is below the floor)... do you think that steel would rob the chamber of heat? I didn't think so I thought it would even help... but some baking has proven otherwise...

I want to keep my steel in my oven. I've moved it to a rack. The Baking Steel company says keeping in oven at all times is fine, but will reduce cooking times... I experienced the opposite. Perhaps the placement of it on the floor meant it absorbed all that heat, I dunno.

the oven thermostat will tell you the air temp of the oven has reached temp long before your oven is actually heated properly, even without extra thermal mass.

I am not sure how long a baking steel takes to heat, but IR thermo would let you know when it is.

If you put something before it is fully up to temp, I can see how things could take longer.

WTH is goin' on here Margot?

IMG_1061.JPG

Kitchens?

We don't need no stinkin' kitchens.

I got a gas operficatied flat top.

Out in my garage.

A crock pot.

Diamond in the back.

Sunroof top.

Diggin' the scene.

With a gangsta' lean.

Weeeeee.

Doggies.

Elly Mae.

The Hot Pepper said:
[emoji38]

Thanks scoville!

Your approval means a lot. I pictured you criticizing the tile... ;)

attachicon.gif
bad_tile3.jpg

Nooo.. Why did I see this.. I cant unsee it now.. The OCD guy in me just will not let me sleep till its right.. Please PM me your address boss. I will come and fix that tile pronto.. Please..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I have been training someone at work for the last two weeks.

He is learning really fast but it is still killing me watching him all day.

I have to consciously restrain myself from nitpicking every single thing he is doing because it isn't exactly how I do it. Lol

MikeUSMC said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_7510.JPG

I hear you, man! I'm the same way ;)
Yea why would someone do that? With just one picture on the left of the corner, it is totally unbalanced. Definitely needs artwork on the right side of the corner also.

;)

salsalady said:
Yea why would someone do that? With just one picture on the left of the corner, it is totally unbalanced. Definitely needs artwork on the right side of the corner also.

;)
EXACTLY!!! :rofl:

Back