• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kitchen pepper

I had heard of a chile called the kitchen pepper and was wondering if anyone could tell me about them. What kind of flavor and heat to it? Anyone ever grown or tasted them? Thanks for your time, Travis

kitchenpepper.jpg

Normal Kitchenpepper

kitchen_pepper_peach.jpg

Kitchenpepper Peach

C. annuum
Squash peppers like Jamaican Yellow Hot or Jamaican Red Hot
But pods grow upright
Very thin walled
Good to dry, smoke and make a powder
Heat in the medium range
Flavor of the powder is ok, but don´t aspect wonders, it´s a C. annuum

We use it together with other dried C. annuum to make hot mojo

Peter

I thought you were growing what I called MY kitchen pepper. LOL(See your Glog,my reply).

I grew a 7 Pot SR (pic says 7 pot #1 only for my info,I grew several 7 pots that year)for a few years that always had 7 pot looking pods.
The year I grew it in Hydro it had smooth pods.

It was a Chinense.

Outside pic- these look smooth but as they turned red they got bumpy,they were very hot.

Inside F4 or F5

Hotter than habs.Low end of the super scale In My opinion though others said they were hotter...
All seeds I used were isolated once I grew them for my collection.
I don't know about my original source-looks like they were not pure going by my end results unless Hydro made a difference.

I called it my kitchen pepper because it took over my kitchen...
It was an easy 5ft. X 6ft. when I gave it to Malisa.
IT Totally filled her Scion.
It was a good tasting and very prolific pepper.

I guess I gotta specify C.Chinense RED 7 pot,or do like everyone else-re name it,call it a NEW strain and sell it for $$$$$. LOL

Hey thanks Peter. Sounds a bit interesting. Smokemaster, thats a helluva big plant to keep in the kitchen. Pretty cool how the pods changed when you moved it inside.

It was much bigger when Melisa gave it a new home.
It covered the micro wave and covered the LED panels and was pushed flat against the ceiling by an easy foot.

I swear I heard the microwave going on when it warmed up it's midnight munchies.
It was also in league with my dog and the Demon hab that was next to the fridge I think.

Demon Hab. From Steves original seeds.
(RIP SBS...You will be missed.)

Hey Peter, I checked out your website. Awsome! I see you have the kitchen peppers and quite a few other im interested in. Do you ship to USA?

Flchilehead said:
Hey Peter, I checked out your website. Awsome! I see you have the kitchen peppers and quite a few other im interested in. Do you ship to USA?

I am pretty sure - he (consistently) ships to Chile :D ...

cheers, Al

Back